HighLUX's ute of grandad greatness

Bombsquad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not what the previous owner of my old crown thought.

imagine my horror as i cruise down the central north island, Christchurch bound in a sight unseen crown that i knew had a small pulley so id i thrown a boost gauge into my carry on luggage with the thought of checking it but never did. got bored somewhere around Te Kuiti and plugged it in. 

17psi  :pale:

so much heat it struggled to go up large hills, and when it started to rain in wellington it got substantially faster lol. thank fuck the original pully was in the boot.

cool project man, I hope you figure out how to make the blower howl more, i wasn't ever able to get much :( 

On 02/08/2023 at 06:06, RUNAMUCK said:

Just happened across your thread for the first time. You have all  the drag link clearance! Mine is tons closer. Defo pays to check your full range of steering too. On some vehicles, the link raises and lowers although its sweep. And some it moves forward and back.

Fyi, the 2000 era 2wd Hilux draglink is same geometry but has a dip in the centre. Bolts up to the earlier shapes and gives a bit more clearance. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Some guys just swap the calipers side to side, and run them upside down so the long bolt is away from obstacles.

Bleed nip will be on bottom so will have to roll the ute on its roof to bleed them, or could remove, put a block of wood between and bleed up the correct way. 

I wasn't aware of thickness differences to be honest. Could be a year thing or maybe petrol vs diesel. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you paid yourself a dollar an hour for all the multitudes of fucking around you've done you could afford to just buy a radiator that fits perfectly and does exactly what you want it to do.

• Like 2