HighLUX's ute of grandad greatness

Bombsquad

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mintest example ive seen yet...my boss has a surf with a injected 3y in it,auto though..still gutless..

a 4age would be cool in it, reliable and 100kw of rev ya head off to 7200rpm.. or 20v stz...

keep it all simple and it would be mint

• 3 months later...

was halfway through pix of new rims thinking "need slam NOW" then i find out its on the cards(as it is with any OS car :wink: ).reflexes dont do anything for me,i like the sound of BBS and stretch though,am waiting for it to happen 8)

fake edit:i agree with H8V8S,loose the red/orange stripes :lol:

• 3 months later...

Have decided on an engine conversion for this finally

Will be going with a 1g-gze for 80's supercharged goodness

Have acquired a 1G bellhousing for cheap but finding an engine is a mission, have spoken to Ewan @ Hayotonka as getting on off Yahoo JP looks to be the only option.

The plan is to get everything together for the conversion then get it in the ute over a week or 2 although this is a long term project and is really taking a backseat until the Townace is up and running

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Compression test results were good all cylinders are around 180psi and didnt get better with some oil in the bores so fingers crossed I have a good runner. Though it looks like its never had an oil change as its very black and sludgy under the covers.

Need to get a pot of this to tidy all the alloy rust off the engine.

Emergel%20500ml.jpg

Gave the rocker covers a sand back and there not as bad as I originally thought,g oing to look at getting the rocker covers hot tanked to clean them up then repaint them.

Yuh side pipe exiting infront of rear wheel arch is in order. Keen to fiddle with the afm so I will run a bit rich and spit flames aswell.

Looks like the engine mounts off the 3y block will fit the 1g like lego and once I shift them to the rear position it will drop straight in with no engine mount work required. Its like hilux and 1g were ment to be together.

Im sure I brought a car from a dealers that had something like that used on the engine bay, caused all sorts of electrical gremlins as they used like 400l and it soaked into all the loom connections

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest snapper

... and some writing that was on the bands, curious to know what it says.

DSC05859.jpg

there are groups on flickr that you can post to, and they'll tell you what it says.

project's looking great, keen to see the images of your engine swap. is it a case of toyota lego?