Link G4 Atom

mikuni

My attention has just been brought to this, the baby from Link. I'm not sure how long it has been on the market, but I looked only a matter of weeks ago and there was no mention of it. I know Link has been focusing on an entry level ecu to blow the others out of the water though, and it looks as though this might just be it?

Spec overview

• [*:1vtgj0l1]four injection drives
    [*:1vtgj0l1]four ignition outputs
    [*:1vtgj0l1]two analog inputs (you choose, oil pressure etc.)
    [*:1vtgj0l1]two temperature inputs (usually water and inlet air temperature)
    [*:1vtgj0l1]two digital inputs (e.g. vehicle speed and logging switch - you choose)
    [*:1vtgj0l1]four auxiliary outputs (e.g. fuel pump, fans, boost control, O2 heater etc.) *
    [*:1vtgj0l1]one, twenty six pin, waterproof connector
    [*:1vtgj0l1]built in, 2.5 bar, MAP sensor
    [*:1vtgj0l1]5V out

image_preview

cute etc

With a cost significantly cheaper than the Link G4 Storm ($TBC)

edit: ^ oh true. thats pretty steap aye.

I rang them earlier for a price, but the chick failed, so sent an email instead.

I'd expect it to be about $1350 or so, but I wrote in my email about how I'm a past customer (Link G3 in '07) and how I am looking towards MegaSquirts because of the recent increase in Link pricing. Will be interesting to see whether they take note of the feedback or not.

It's good to see though, an entry level ecu with those features. If they set the price to around the $1000 mark I think it would be hard to justify going to MS, purely for the ease of this, along with the support and tunability that comes with any Link product.

I'm not bagging MS in any way, its just a different kettle of peanuts really.

i looked into buying an Atom to run my FJ20... however as others have said, the pricing is a bit steep (half the aux functions of the Storm yet nowhere near half the price).

Been changing my mind like the weather lately, now I'm looking at a Haltech E8 to run my shit (it's several years old and still in the region of $1000 second hand tho). Thing is there's so many options out there, and yes many of them are newer and more powerful, but this is the first EMS I've found that will actually talk directly to the oddball Nissan optical trigger and allow me to run coil on spark/sequential injection if I really wanted.

links are getting pretty pricey. but they seem to have stepped up there support and software alot also. seem to be doing alot of updates and new features. so guess they have to pay for this somehow.

if your set on g4, a g3 lem upgraded to g4 frimware is another way to go, (around $200 for the upgrade code) g3 with g4 firmware is better than atom in some ways. it has more outputs. but less injector drives

ms3 is looking good. but more mucking around

• 2 weeks later...