Track Day at Ruapuna?

ThePog

OS Track Day of Lush?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. OS Track Day of Lush?

• Uber yes - I am so keen I will even help out because I am obviously a legend
    • No - I prefer the added adrenalin of police interaction when driftzorzings
    • Yes - I am as keen as I was with my first stick mag

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be keen. will probably have some mates as well if outsiders are welcome?

I think 25-30 cars would be about right - any more then it gets crowded/actual track time drops.

I would like to think that there would be enough people interested to keep it within OS but if we need numbers to make it economical then for sure.

Have been talking to the man who organises the Uni Motosoc track days, he is going to give me a run down of the deal.

This is mostly right. Yeah the Motosoc boys put on a good day, we (the MR2 club) have been to a few motosoc days and they're all good.

re track time/economicalness, every trackday I've been at there is loads of traffic keen as eggs for the first half of the day and then the last half of the day most people have gone home/broken car/standing in pit lane having a chin wag/wasting their moolah :lol:

I've been enquiring at Ruapuna lately and it will have to be a week day since there are no weekend dates available between now and Christmas!

Once you factor in the St John hire you'll need 30-35 at $80-$100 each.

You'll need a tow vehicle and a bunch of marshalls to keep things running smoothly etc but the Ruapuna boys are really good and will help you out with all the rules and indemnity issues.

Gives a whistle if you need extra numbers as the MR2 club are keen as for track days :wink:

Also pays to have photographer or two floating about too.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...