Damiens skyscraper sigma.

DodgySam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just be aware, those fuel pumps can start leaking around where the plastic cap is pressed in the end, should be ok, jut try not to knock it round to much

Also I feel your pain about the wiring. I am just starting to do the same on my 2jz crown. fucken brain racking

cool car man, engine looks so sweet in there

Hey man your engines looking very nice.what did you do to throttle body/thermostat housing to get it looking so good? Also i like what youve done with the rear water outlet.what metal did you use to make it? And what size pipe is it? Need to do mine like this way tidier than the way ive done it.i remember seeing this cruising down the auckland motorway i took a photo of it was late last year sometime. was looking good :)

I remember seeing this cruising down the auckland motorway i took a photo of it was late last year sometime. was looking good :)

Haha, now its looking like shit!

I sandblastered the throttle body and thermostat housing and then painted them. Satin Silver I think...

I just used steel pipe. Staino would have been sweet but didnt have any. Ill find out the size but I think its 32mm.

• 1 month later...
Guest Damien!

Cheers man.

Yeah, im hoping for a bit of a power increase with some reliability. Not that the old engine was unreliable, it was actually the opposite but never ran that great.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you able to swap the locations of the fuel inlet and the FPR on the fuel rail? I thought they had the same flange either end - so reroute your fuel feed to the front of the fuel rail if it will squeeze in between the head and the throttle body, and then just put the FPR on the other end of the rail. I'm dubious of that flexible hose running from the hard fuel rail to the FPR, I would guess that in that 30-40cm of rubber fuel hose the pressure could fluctuate and the FPR may not keep up with regulating it.

I've run cars with (long) lengths of hose between the FPR and fuel rail with no problems, if anything it'd probably help in your case Damien as you don't have a dampner in the system to remove the pulses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i have been through the drama of leaky widened wheels after blasting and painting. thought tubes would fix it, nearly stopped me getting to nats last year.

the easy fix was to find the pinhole with soapy water, whip the tyre off, there will probably be a divot/bit of welding porosity on the inside. i got a little drill bit and cleaned it out back to bare steel, then put some epoxy quick metal type stuff in the hole, bingo, no more leaks

i have been through the drama of leaky widened wheels after blasting and painting. thought tubes would fix it, nearly stopped me getting to nats last year.

the easy fix was to find the pinhole with soapy water, whip the tyre off, there will probably be a divot/bit of welding porosity on the inside. i got a little drill bit and cleaned it out back to bare steel, then put some epoxy quick metal type stuff in the hole, bingo, no more leaks

Did the tube idea not work?

Run a big smear of the same silicon/gasket maker stz you use on 3pc rims around the weld and hope for the best?

Not a bad idea. Ill get the wheel stripped and see if the leak is obvious. If not might smear something like bead sealer over the area.