Damiens skyscraper sigma.

DodgySam

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty sweet - I think I paid about the same to get my Viva rims done. Cost about $300 all up and that was including freight back to my door. Where is the Steel Surgeon located?

PS I almost think those widened Sigma steels suit not having those chrome trim bands on them.

Yeah, lower, lip guards and spacers pls

Nah. A couple of fatties and the tires are already at risk. :P

Car just needs to look more finished now. Not sure how to achieve this. Maybe:

* Refit wheel centre cap thingies (are those the bits you don't have a matching set of?)

* Surfie / band wagon stickers for back window

* Mitsi badge or something for front grille (not a Decepticons emblem though)

* Replace peashooter exhaust tip (but not with a fart cannon)

* Maybe some bolder striping graphics up the sides? Dunno.

Modded Mitsi wagons are rather uncharted territory. But basically if this were mine I'd be trying to distance it from all the rangi examples of this generation Mitsi still on the roads. So anything to make it look tidy / complete / modified with vision and style, rather than being another old banger with cut springs. Which it isn't.

Looks pretty bangin though. :wink::rolleyes:

I dont think I can run extreme spacers. 5mm or 10mm max.

I lipped the guards the other day as best as I could and its much better. Fatties are now welcome!

You bring up some really cool idea's

I do have the centers. Its the rings I dont have a matching set of. I will fit the centers.

A "Taranaki Hardcore" sticker not your idea of "Surfie"?

I actually took the Mitsi badge off. It didn't look right.

Im thinking of hacking the peashooter off till you cant see it and leave it at that. Wonder if tey'll still give it a WOF that way.

Your exactly right. I am trying to keep it from being just an old shitter with cut springs on chromes.

I will fit the centers.

Missing centers to me looks like they fell off and got lost rather than anything else. I lost two off my Alfa on various track days and I'm running a non-matching one just to avoid the 'missing' look.

A "Taranaki Hardcore" sticker not your idea of "Surfie"?

You mean these?

thc-oval.jpg

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of. Coupla stickers might be one cheap way to make it look like someone likes it, thus avoiding the old-shitter-on-cut-springs vibe. So long as you don't put on a giant Chosen Few logo or a tacky tribute to your dead mate written in old fashioned script it should be OK..

Im thinking of hacking the peashooter off till you cant see it and leave it at that. Wonder if tey'll still give it a WOF that way.

Maybe, but you wouldn't want exhaust gas getting into the car through holes in the boot floor cos your exhaust finishes too far underneath.

My first car was an '80s throwback Cordia with go-faster stripes and a peashooter long enough to need structural support.. but as you can see I crashed it before I got around to fixing that. :(

rhs.jpg