Stretched tyres

R100

Im wanting to go for the stretched tyre look. I can use either 14" or 15" rims that i will get widened. Question is what size tyres will look good for maximum strechness on what width rims ?

Ideally id like to use my 15" rims, get them widened to 8 or 9 inches wide but i know im limited by tyre sizes.

For example, if i had a 225 50 15 whats the widest rim i can fit it on ?

Would be great to hear from people who have done it.

Thanks

Im wanting to go for the stretched tyre look. I can use either 14" or 15" rims that i will get widened. Question is what size tyres will look good for maximum strechness on what width rims ?

Ideally id like to use my 15" rims, get them widened to 8 or 9 inches wide but i know im limited by tyre sizes.

Thanks

bit off topic.. but whos going to widen your rims?

Thanks

bit off topic.. but whos going to widen your rims?

Steel surgeon

http://www.thesteelsurgeon.co.nz/index.html

I am not interested in legalities as it is not for a street car.

Out of curiosity, whats it for?

I love serena vans, have always had one in my possesion for the past 18 years. Recently picked up a dereged one. Using it as a basis to see how low it can go, how wide of a rim i can fit etc. I already have a serena that i drive everyday and dont want to start modifying it just yet. Eventually i want to use it for racing/drifting etc.

I ran 195/45/15's on my 15x8/15x9 Arrow rims on my gx71,looked mint on the 9's but the 8's were a bit square/meh

Just sorting out some 185/55/14's to run on 14x8/14x9 for crown now also,unky Tank had the same wheel/tyre set

up on his van and looked realy tuff

i have 185s on a 6.5 rim, i dont think you can call that stretch at all, although its the min width tyre for a 6.5 rim on that stupid LVV list.

ditto, LVVTA list is gay.

The list is loosely based on what the tire manufacturers say, if the tire maker says it's okay to use a narrower tire on a 6.5" rim then it's fine.

eg: Toyo specifies max rim width for a 225/40 is 9" (whereas that sheet says 235 is min for 9")

These specs are easy to find online.