I have no headlights, wtf?

Bombsquad

Almost got my trusty (a.k.a shitbucket) old school econovan back on the road, was all going ok when taken off the road for diff replacement but now has no headlights whichs make night driving scary and wofs impossible. All other lights work fine including parklights, seemingly no issues with electrics or bulbs, headlights just dont turn on.

I know it seems like a dumb question but theres gotta be something simple im over looking somewhere??

p.s fuses and relays seem fine too

lol did you just look at them? with past experiences i now look at these carefully

I put them in the dishwasher and cleaned them thoroughly :D

will have a better look tonight.

Also if anyone else has experiance with these vans, theres heaps of random wiring in the battery compartment, not really relays but soem kinda switchy looking things, these anoy me for some and i dont have the slightest idea what they actually do, anyone else know and can i remove them?

possibly a grounding/earthing kit?

I dunno man ive never come accross anything like this before, the engine is basic as with just carby and points dizzy so i dont see how any of it would be required to run. Also van is typical 80s tradesman spec with minimal electronics and no hi tech gadgets to use and out of the ordinary wiring.

Perhaps ill upload a pic later if anyones that keen on seeing it

full loom rebuild is in order!!! / no its not , get a circuit tester or voltmeter and follow back to the point you have power .

i personally reckon it could be a relay , or fuse , or headlights ... i have done this shit many many many many (recurring ) times before and can now sense a disturbance in the force. you on the otherhand my young padawan wont

full loom rebuild is in order!!!...

Funny you say that cos ive just totally rebuilt the rear loom, aparently adding a trailer plug requires total distruction of the entire rear wiring :doubt: it had no tail lights at all and no fuel level reading. All fixed and tidy now though.

Hi beam and low beam?? If both not working gonna be an earth problem. If Econovan (ie NZ Ford) at least the fuse box cover and relay board will be in English. High beam and low beam usually fused separately tho so I lean towards the bad earth theory. Something got disturbed when fitting the new diff?? Wrong end I know but electricity is weird eh.