lofreq's x100 garage slipway chaser

lofreq

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

michael. you are an industrisal machine. THankyou for finding all thart sweet info. your cheque is in the mail. whats ur address.

jarred. before i start why is your usernasme "FLalwes" on jzx100? whats with the spelling? is it my eyes??

the VS-mx are sweet but for 9's and 10s where is all the dish. ? is it that model of VS that is some kind of antidish?

thx for the tip on the 10's. i dont want to go 10 cus the tyre size required will cause overall rolling diameter to be larger than stock, throws off speedo the wrong way and more importantly RAISES the car :) so yeah 9" or 9.5" will be max.

also, i got the wheels aligned and i have 2.5degrees camber on front, 4.2 degrees on rear, and im not keen to lose a degree of my ridiculousness... so the camber stays, meaning im rolling on alot of inner sidewall, meaning alot of my road bounce goes into what sidewall i have left, meaning running 18" with appropriate sized rubber will end up requiring 35 profile tyres which are 1) too expenseive 2) will have shit all sidewall to roll on/absorb impact/means im close to literally rolling on the inside lip of the mag itself

breath. so. it means im keen to stick with my 45 profile currently on the 17s and just stretch em out more. 215/45R17 on the 8" is bullshit stretch (ie almost nil) and on the 9" it just looks about good. so i reckon i wana go 9" front 9.5" rear. and stick to 17s.

which brings us to offset. your rears are 18x10 +25 right??? 18/17/doesnt matter cus it doesnt affect width. so if a 10" wide rim at +25 wont fit without massaging gaurds then a 10" +35 will be "perfect". but i dont want 10" i want 9.5, so thats 12.5mm less in width (half inch) that i need to add to offset, = 35-12.5 = about +22

so technically id want some 17x8.5 or 17x9+22 running 205/45/17 FRONT, and 17x9.5+22 running 215/45/17 REAR, on mesh wheels with dish. and thats me.

so the "look" im going for is similar recipe to the duffm4n car. no kit - OEM style lip , OEM skirting, black urathane look, just low as fuck (i want to drop the car a further 1/2" to 3/4"). stock fenders (no pull no flare) (but i'll cut off the inner lip compeltely rather than fold it/roll it) with as close to perfect fitment as i can. so i will go like 3mm undersized in offset, then test for rub/scrape, and adjust final fitment with 3mm or 5mm spacers if its not right the first time. best to get it right tho so every millimeter of offset gives me more dish, instead of wasting it on spacers.

and just run tough as fuck wheels and stance. maybe a carbon rear bootlid lip, maybe carbon roof duckbill, carbon front lip etc, to offset against the factory pearl for now. think about choc brown and AIMGAIN kit later. but get the stance right now.

main thing is building my money back up because after this motor swap, bell housing, flywheel, rear diff, rah rah rah misc crap straight after new yrs and xmas means i am well out of pocket....... so really need to pace myself......

You can pay me in doing an appropriately awesome final product on your current vehicular device, which by the looks of things thus far, is inevitable regardless.

Happy to help.

Addition: When cutting the inner lip off completely, please for the love of chicken, do not have a sharp edged arch.

Second Addition: How'd you get on with the blog stz? Could you not just roll your project on the Slipway Blog?

yeah after i had a go navigating the blog i made for myself, as well as trying to search duffman's blog for more info (like, when he painted his works) etc, i gave up, deciding that blog shit is too hard for me to delve into right now

so yeah i will roll my build onto the slipway blog instead and post updates there. as it is the car is too POS to even mention so once i get semi somewhere with the swap then ill put somethin up there - until then its too tryhard i think - by my own standards

yes when i said cut the lip off i wasnt going to leave a gay sharp edge, id leave a couple of mm of the stock roll there, if done correctly it should not appear visually different from normal viewing angle at all, except when wheel goes up and in it doesnt hit the gay 15mm of extra metal thats in there for no reason other than to catch mud and rust. but yes good call sir.

oh yeah fuck in other news today, my motor is HERE at the depot ready for collection. it would have been dropped off to slipway HQ yesterday but Mike got a call saying the motor had somewhat fallen thru 2 slats of the pallet and is kinda stuck and will need a forklift to maneuver. since there is only a hoist, this wouldnt work. also the truck is too big to get rounhd the back of the house... so ima see if slipway boys can help come with me to pick up the motor from the depot which is less than 15min from the house. no pics cus i havent seen it myself but maybe soon.

i DO have pics of my clutch which arrived today, just an Xtreme number - but after opening it i realised that its more or less a HD OEM replacement and i think my ego needs something a bit more flash

13012010259.jpg

it is a HD pressure plate with full face organic sprung clutch - im going to send back and replace with the XHD pressure plate and a slightly uprated clutch disc for more bite and more importantly torque-holding power

jarred. before i start why is your usernasme "FLalwes" on jzx100? whats with the spelling? is it my eyes??

the VS-mx are sweet but for 9's and 10s where is all the dish. ? is it that model of VS that is some kind of antidish?

thx for the tip on the 10's. i dont want to go 10 cus the tyre size required will cause overall rolling diameter to be larger than stock, throws off speedo the wrong way and more importantly RAISES the car :) so yeah 9" or 9.5" will be max.

also, i got the wheels aligned and i have 2.5degrees camber on front, 4.2 degrees on rear, and im not keen to lose a degree of my ridiculousness... so the camber stays, meaning im rolling on alot of inner sidewall, meaning alot of my road bounce goes into what sidewall i have left, meaning running 18" with appropriate sized rubber will end up requiring 35 profile tyres which are 1) too expenseive 2) will have shit all sidewall to roll on/absorb impact/means im close to literally rolling on the inside lip of the mag itself

breath. so. it means im keen to stick with my 45 profile currently on the 17s and just stretch em out more. 215/45R17 on the 8" is bullshit stretch (ie almost nil) and on the 9" it just looks about good. so i reckon i wana go 9" front 9.5" rear. and stick to 17s.

which brings us to offset. your rears are 18x10 +25 right??? 18/17/doesnt matter cus it doesnt affect width. so if a 10" wide rim at +25 wont fit without massaging gaurds then a 10" +35 will be "perfect". but i dont want 10" i want 9.5, so thats 12.5mm less in width (half inch) that i need to add to offset, = 35-12.5 = about +22

so technically id want some 17x8.5 or 17x9+22 running 205/45/17 FRONT, and 17x9.5+22 running 215/45/17 REAR, on mesh wheels with dish. and thats me.

nah the jzx100 forums stuffed up my user name, its correct when i type it in, but on the boards its wrong and they wont change it because im not a paying member :doubt: meh

the only dish on those vs mx's are on the rears, with out thinking i reackon its about 2.5" maybe.........unsure

the fronts well yea.......about those :lol: theres Di...... and thats about it

agree on the 10"s im dying to change to 9.5 as soon as things alowe, which may be some time, always had a soft spot for cr kai's even tho they have been thrashed on damn near everything these days, who knows maybe if i change the colour of the rim center on my ones i may like them abit more..........that and i need to bring the arse end down about another 5mm

so the "look" im going for is similar recipe to the duffm4n car. no kit - OEM style lip , OEM skirting, black urathane look, just low as fuck (i want to drop the car a further 1/2" to 3/4"). stock fenders (no pull no flare) (but i'll cut off the inner lip compeltely rather than fold it/roll it) with as close to perfect fitment as i can. so i will go like 3mm undersized in offset, then test for rub/scrape, and adjust final fitment with 3mm or 5mm spacers if its not right the first time. best to get it right tho so every millimeter of offset gives me more dish, instead of wasting it on spacers

man i couldnt agree with you more, a nice clean body line is what im striving for as well, i was going to get some wider fenders but opted out due to the price of things, that and the money can be spent else where, and im so glad that you changed indercator lens from clear to orange, alot of the jzx100 guys would murder for those clear lenes.........why i dont know

about the shit u mentioned earlier - im only hoping that the 2jzgte ecu is able to talk to my dash, if they did something gay and made the gx100 dash work different to the jzx dash then fuck them and im buying a silvia

so lets hope that isnt the case. also im hoping ABS has its own computer and i can leave that shit alone - wouldnt mind getting rid of ABS anyway because pedal feel is dead and im one of those drivers that uses in-brain ABS so i conflict when driving against assisted brakes

also brendan/niteb is the guy supplying my flywheel and bellhousing and yeah hes legend - already helping me out heaps with clutch choice and hes recommended a proven Exedy number w/ 6puck disc that ima use (also proven on the Slipway lads JZ's) so im sending my Xtreme clutch back for a swap its only $100 more expensive

forget "over-done" ness, CR-Kais are proven to look tough as tits on jzx100s so go to it. make sure you just dont put the shallow face on the front and concave face on back - concave all round please. probably means 17x9.5 or 18x9.5 all round but fuck it, ive also read that larger tread up front increases oversteer bite anyway

Work site only lists 18" VS-XX's but i want 17's like pictured previously so maybe im stuck with waiting for a 2nd hand pair to come up. but yeah 17x8.5/9.5 with +20 to +25 is now my shopping specs

cant wait to start work on the swap/also scared as fuck for problems encoutered that only solvable by bank balance..... :shock::?:o already asking myself, wtf am i doing!!!

cant wait to start work on the swap/also scared as fuck for problems encoutered that only solvable by bank balance..... :shock::?:o already asking myself, wtf am i doing!!!

You just have to get it done. If you ever need motavation, feel free to take mine for a drive :D

Definatly go for 18s i say!

for the dash side of things, from my understanding is that all the dashes in the x100 are the same regardless, so the plugs are all the same ( well they where for the 1jzge to the 1jzgte etc )

this freaked us out too when we changed the engines and ecu's over, but it was a massive releaf when it plugged in

put if you have pple in the know you should be able to get the 2jz ecu to talk to the dash, you will be fine

flick me your email addy and i will send you some pin outs for the dash plug and what pin is what

sooo keen on cr kais they are all 9.5 with the sweetest offset, sitting at a tyre shop in hamilton, but alias i too need $$$ to fix my wants list

you will be sweet man, stick to it,

here is some 2jz + x100 motovatio for you

weldjzx100003.jpg

weldjzx100060.jpg

=

weldjzx100103.jpg

for the dash side of things, from my understanding is that all the dashes in the x100 are the same regardless, so the plugs are all the same ( well they where for the 1jzge to the 1jzgte etc )

this freaked us out too when we changed the engines and ecu's over, but it was a massive releaf when it plugged in

put if you have pple in the know you should be able to get the 2jz ecu to talk to the dash, you will be fine

flick me your email addy and i will send you some pin outs for the dash plug and what pin is what

sooo keen on cr kais they are all 9.5 with the sweetest offset, sitting at a tyre shop in hamilton, but alias i too need $$$ to fix my wants list

you will be sweet man, stick to it,

here is some 2jz + x100 motovatio for you

weldjzx100003.jpg

weldjzx100060.jpg

=

weldjzx100103.jpg

Speaking of dashes, post up the dash from that car... niiiice.