lofreq's x100 garage slipway chaser

lofreq

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah - was advertised as a camry. hope i can insure it as a camry. lol at them fools.

"slapping pastic"? do u mean 'plastic'? plastic kits? watchutalkinboutwillis. explain!

thanks for the totallytoyotas hookup, i wana get some facelift taillights for this thing, and maybe some interior accessories, but thats all i think.... ill hit up trent maybe?

and yeah WALD is not bad - depends whats available and affordable more than anything!

whats happenbing with urs man.. new turbo?

Bro, brown body on flat black rims rock my world.

amen brother!

yea i meant plastic, i shouldnt be aloud near a computer when im sick.

everyone list's them as carmys or calls them camrys rather funny but at the same time rather stupid

i think theres a trick with the face lift tail lights, something to do with a little resistor box that is different betwwen early and late models to allow them to work properly, have to double check on the jzx90/100 forums

yea trent is a good bastard, and if you ring him every so often he has good go fast bits for cheap, i scored alot of TOM'S chassis braces for my beast along with some other good stuff and hes good for a yarn to

yea mines coming along good busting a nut to put this new turbo on, just waiting on gaskets to arrive since toyota nz doesnt carry anything on the shelf for the jzx100

chaser coupe conversion yeah i read up on that build :) its pretty remarkable work.

4 doors is ok for now.

so i went to queenstown last weekend because grabaseat gave us cheap flights... so no work over weekend, however the full black wheel idea was festering in my head while i was floating around milford sound so when i got back i had to respray the wheels and see if it made a difference.

also got some 5mm spacers and spaced out all 4 wheels while i was at it. checking the casting on the wheels showed they were actually 17x8 +38 front, 17x9 +38 rear - shocking offset. the spacers bring them to +33 - still shit. needs to be between +15 to +25 to have any cred really.

no garage where i am since living in an apartment block, so i went round the block to a gravel carpark, and did the work there, wheels off and painting em in the carpark whilst locals walked back to their cars staring and frowning at the goings-on

talk is cheap without pics

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2001.jpg

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2002.jpg

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2005.jpg

doesnt look so standard now, bit tougher, will do for now. toyed with some white lettering on tires to break up the black and add a bit of rotating detail

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2007.jpg

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2008.jpg

stiffened up the shocks - which have been very comfortable, and not very 'winding master' at all - wound up fronts to 18, rears to 14 (was 12, 6 before) out of 24 steps of stiffness. big difference just like that, very firm and flat - car loses grip before it begins to roll

finally, i think its at a point where i can get some slipway promotion going on :)

091104%20-%20wheel%20blackout%2010.jpg

next up - some kind of front lip, new intake and pod filter, and some kinda new exhaust. stay tuned ;)

oh these arent the final wheels shit no. this is just to get me around. the flat black is better than the stock silver i think so why not

18x8.5/18x9.5 +15 is the aim, but a good set will probably set me back about $1800, so i'll do that when i get the cash - not a priority for now :)

in other news i scored those cheap flights that were on grabaseat last week so im off back to japan in 3 weeks! for a 2 week holiday :) u can bet i will try to do the mean superautobacs shopping mission and grab whatever i can... or maybe ship home anything too big to carry by hand. jzx100 parts here i come!!

suspension parts man

there such a prick to get here in NZ, the cheap china shit doesnt seam to be up to the task and they are the same money and the JDM stuff

i think i know what you have in mind, going by your mark II, so this is what i would be looking for

front and rear camber arms ( cusco seam to be the best but ikea-formula (sp?) also seam to be up there )

castor arms..........you will thank me if you get some of these in, as the x90/100 ones wear out something wicked

roll center adjustors

if it has TOM'S on it and they just happen to be chassis braces............GET THEM, x100's chassis is prone to flex real bad under heavy cornering/drifting, and the TOM'S and or TRD OR Cusco chassis braces and just the bizo..........more so the tom's and cusco boot brace's

so yea any sort of strut/under car/boot/diff brace get them, they make the world of difference trust me on that one

if you want i can send/sell you a hyper rev book, as i use that as my jzx100 bible ( i have three of them ) and they are gold

now for my shopping list i would like................... :lol: jokes :P

suspension parts man

there such a prick to get here in NZ, the cheap china shit doesnt seam to be up to the task and they are the same money and the JDM stuff

i think i know what you have in mind, going by your mark II, so this is what i would be looking for

front and rear camber arms ( cusco seam to be the best but ikea-formula (sp?) also seam to be up there )

castor arms..........you will thank me if you get some of these in, as the x90/100 ones wear out something wicked

roll center adjustors

if it has TOM'S on it and they just happen to be chassis braces............GET THEM, x100's chassis is prone to flex real bad under heavy cornering/drifting, and the TOM'S and or TRD OR Cusco chassis braces and just the bizo..........more so the tom's and cusco boot brace's

so yea any sort of strut/under car/boot/diff brace get them, they make the world of difference trust me on that one

if you want i can send/sell you a hyper rev book, as i use that as my jzx100 bible ( i have three of them ) and they are gold

now for my shopping list i would like................... :lol: jokes :P

any reason you would choose Cusco over Ikea formula?

Is Cusco stronger or more adjustable, becasue when will was putting the TRD JZA80 together he got told the only Arms to get are Ikea formula anything else will break

Will being Will though still manged to break evry single one of them in half on his first day at Pukie

Just wondering where you got that info on cusco form

nah ikea formula is millons better, with cusco its just a price thing really still a good product but like i say its alot cheaper to buy

ikea is rather dare when you way it up

the only thing i can remember " price wise " would be the castor arms

i think cusco was around the 450nzd mark and ikea was 650ish

camber arms are around the same price as the cusco units too i may add.........or at least they where when i last looked

thats the real only reason why i stated cusco over ikea, i would have ikea hands down but they are pricey for my liking

oh big massive tip here which i just learnt

jzx110 caster arms have a bigger bend in them, which alowes a better and bigger stearing angle

• 2 weeks later...

more work done over the last 2 weeks - got my plates on, adjusted the suspension dampers (had them wound up too hard, was like a track car, way too aggressive for street.. rides beautiful now), and cut off the factory intake resonator and sealed it up, for a bit more noise on song.

but thats all invisible - main thing is a jzx90 front lip ressurrected from the garage slipway rubbish heap - cut, halved, narrowed, trimmed, rejoined, braced, sanded, painted and fitted. carries the black side trim line around the front of the car now and balances things out visually. will do for now until proper lip kit is imported.

also debagded front grille. so here we are:

091115%20-%20front%20lip%2001.jpg

091115%20-%20front%20lip%2002.jpg

091115%20-%20front%20lip%2003.jpg

091115%20-%20front%20lip%2004.jpg

ohh, trent, not baad, aye.

next: got some amber corner lamps on order, will fit them maybe end of the week. next up will be new exhaust, and then my focus moves to stereo and gps to make the interior a bit more of a fun place :) oh will also book it in for tints and alarm.

meanwhile im off to tokyo on friday! so gonna hunt for some suspension arms as suggested, inquire into bodykit shipping, wheels, but will try to pick up a ton of useless interior dress up bits :D cant wait!!

these just arrived this morning, so had to chuck em on and see how they looked

19112009196.jpg

before: plain and gay

19112009197.jpg

after: hooray!

19112009198.jpg

i think the clear corners make it look bland and featureless... the amber gives some shape and framing to the front, sharpens up the visual form of the front, and adds contrast.

19112009199.jpg

19112009200.jpg

next update might hopefully be of a bunch of silly toys purchased from superautobacs! :)

mmmmm what do i need from japan????

yea i like the orange side lamps alot, would not go out and get the clear ones, and your right about giving the car better lines/shaping

oh i know what i want hahahaha

castor arms................bring back heaps and sell them...................

• 1 month later...