1. 1. vote what weekend for auckland classic jap n olds meet

• sat 9th Jan 2010
    • sat 16th Jan 2010

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

argg fark what an easy one! :x never please everyone thats for certain.

ok even tho last minute few votes for the 9th. i still believe we'll get most people there by making same weekend as kumeu.

for those entering the kumeu show which this affects the most.. can you not get arm bands in the morning, then rock out to manukau around lunch time for a few hours (have lunch)? if cars cant leave during the day, then you're not going to miss the show! jump in a couple cars that aren't entered in the show and go for a cruise! easy

jump in a couple cars that aren't entered in the show and go for a cruise! easy

??

We were hoping to put our cars in the shows this year - both kumeu and the jap n olds meet. A few cars probably won't suit both events but having it the same weekend will rule us out from being able to attend both, or at least have cars at both.

Its not really too much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I just hope that all the people that are voting for it to be on the same weekend are doing so because it suits them that weekend more than the other and that they are going to attend.

Its not really too much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I just hope that all the people that are voting for it to be on the same weekend are doing so because it suits them that weekend more than the other and that they are going to attend.

agreed not a big deal, but how many cars from the jap show last year put their car in the kumeu show? I didnt see any others. So Having it the same weekend may get a few more people from out of town come to check it out, but I dont think its going to bolster car numbers at all (a large proportion of cars are from auckland anyway). The logistics last time were a pain in the arse to do both in my car, and i know me and sam wont be doing both if they are on the same day

Spencer has a reasonable point there, although the counter argument would be how many people with jap cars are going to show there cars at kumeu which is predominately a hot rod thing?

Anyone have John Key's number? get him to declare Friday the 15th a public holiday and hold it then?

Ned unless you are bringing a old car to either event your 2c is not required. You would have no idea what its like up there we get alot of respect with our jap cars, alot of guys will come up to you to talk about the cars "my old man had one of these" etc etc.

Wasn't the first argument for having it on the 16th that people will be attending Kumeu thus will attend both and bolster numbers? which i don't think is the case. I would happily attend on a separate weekend, is there any reason people have against having it on the 9th? to close to new years?

People coming to visit Auckland for the Kumeu Hot Rod show (that don't have their car on display) probably don't want to travel from all over the country 2 weekends in a row

Is anyone actually doing both events other than us though? It seems not many people from outside Auckland will be attending both events, and the only ones that want to, are now unable to if the jap meet is on the same time as kumeu.

If they were on the same weekend I sure as hell wouldnt be busting my chops to leave Kumeu and then have to queue for 4000hours to get back in later on.. its pretty well known if you are camping at Kumeu, once you get there you are there for the whole thing - cos there ain't fuck all chances of getting back in within a reasonable timeframe.

Have them seperate weekends cos those coming up for Kumeu generally won't make it to the OS Jap meet and vice versa

I know me/zeb/andy etc are going to be coming up for jap meat either weekend and we don't mind which weekend. I don't know of any other cats from the SI that are rolling up?

I simply chose the 16th because it gives me 1 more week to get my car sorted.

Just want to know what date relatively soon so i can sort what i'm doing in regards to work.

pretty much repeating whats been said, the majority of people coming from further than hamilton only want to go to one of the events anyway, and people from auckland/hamilton will more than likely be wanting to attend both. but as mentioned its just a large cunt to get to both.

thus decision made?

????

profit