xsspeed's pushbikes

xsspeed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup. they're easy to id as they're a coaster with an oiler on the hub. if you find one like that clean up the hub chrome and it'll be written all over it.

I'm after a 26.x1-3/8 size freewheeling hub style rear wheel (no coaster/sturmeys or multisprocket gears) if you dig one out of that sweet looking pile :D

yup. they're easy to id as they're a coaster with an oiler on the hub. if you find one like that clean up the hub chrome and it'll be written all over it.

I'm after a 26.x1-3/8 size freewheeling hub style rear wheel (no coaster/sturmeys or multisprocket gears) if you dig one out of that sweet looking pile :D

Pretty sure I have something in my hoard, if not in that pile

Shit rename thread to xsspeed's old bike shit giveaway lol

Simon, its 25mm, do you know what length you want -ish, I have a few

I managed to get the tyres on the cruiser, and went for a ride without brakes - didn't need them though because like 50m in the freewheel started to bind on something - still is. It's a shimano hub so no port to drip oil into, though its definatly the freewheel not the internal planetry gears thats binding - might swap it out for one of the others and then pull this one apart and see whatsup.

Pics:

Cruiser - just put these CST tyre son that came with the hoard - went to the bike shop down the road and got some inners - using 1 1/8 which is actually quite a good fit inside the 1 3/8 tyres.

DSC08693.jpg

It's got the frame as a spare which I'm thinking I might tidy up and make lush rather than roll rat spec

DSC08699.jpg

Cam, there's this 26' singlespeed freewheeling hub - but the freewheel is a bit shit/its as dry as your mum. I'll see what else I have.

DSC08694.jpg

This is the big boy that came with the hoard, got a spare NOS or restored sturmey archer hub the same as this one with the lever operated drum brake to swap on. This has a lush top tube/exposed cable shifter setup too. Seat is fucked, and so it all the chrome and paint. Will strip this bare and gunmetal it I think, and de-guard it to make pathracer-esque.

DSC08695.jpg

DSC08696.jpg

DSC08697.jpg

Got this cruiser frame and a springer bent fork front from a lowrider too - springer forks are missing the spring though - a dud wants to buy off me but I was condiring using for velo bike - a villiers might be too big on a 20" frame though.

DSC08698.jpg

• 4 months later...

Shitty lighting but

Boom

DSC09013.jpg

One down(ish)

White paint is scratched, so might spray it and I might change the seat as its a bit poked

Amazed that I got the wheels that shiny from what they were - lemon and tinfoil trick is lush, if a bit messy.

Cleaned all the chrome, removed some marks, and put new tires on

Supersport is at procoat as of this morning, should get that back on tues.

Getting a sturmey archer laced up to a 26 rim for kate's empire sports tomorrow

• 6 months later...

Supersport is as per old school bmx thread, just with a couple of decals on it now

DSC09085.jpg

Waiting on signwriter for bottom tube decals

Need a non drive tourney crank in 170mm if anyone has one

I have a set of super maxy red ano cranks, but the ano is shot, has anyone had luck getting stuff re anodised?

Current bike arsenal besides the two bmx's has been culled to:

- r20 folder

- 28" Hercules

- 26"Empire sports

- 26" Philips

- Healing shogun

Been tinkering on the shogun lately so I can start riding it to work. FInally reassembled the shifters after I err, cleaned the original levers in acid and forgot about them, lol.

Going to order a headset, some bar tape, hoods for brakes, and some new shifter cable and I should have this riding again shortly after a clean up and re grease.

Anyone got tips for polishing alloy - stem and seat post are looking a bit dull.

Pics of Shogun:

Old vs new levers

DSC09753_zpsdf642f35.jpg

Figuring out what parts go where

DSC09730_zpse6d866dd.jpg

Headset is pretty toast, pity as its a Tange - as is the frame

DSC09736_zpse75c9ade.jpg

Anyone know how to get decals off safely?

DSC09741_zps5f2a0a87.jpg

And bottom bracket was pretty solid with old grease, lol

DSC09733_zps6af0d412.jpg

Pics of deraileurs - shimano 600 groupset

DSC09749_zpscb31e642.jpg