xsspeed's pushbikes

xsspeed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

My hopes of getting the empire restored ahead of Bikemeat fell through so just trying to get it rideable.

Need to get in touch with Bruno and get the wheels and cables sorted, then should be away laughing.

Getting the stem out just isn't happening withough using some sort of punch from the bottom, and tappity tap tap. Twisting with the bars just warps the bracket and weld on the stem. So I will leave it for now and just regrease the bearings, and should be ok for a weekend ride. May need to bring some backup bikes incase these girls breakdown.

Gave the empire a bring degrease, looks quite nice, just a whole heap of corrosion and scratches that lets it down. Fucking missed a trademe auction for a dynamo setup too.

• 4 weeks later...

After spending a shit load on various parts (tyres/cables/etc etc) I managed to get these rideable ish for bike meat.

Keep having issues with the rear hub slipping on the empire as I was using a singlespeed with a very thin axle - Will replace this anyway, have some new sturmey archer gear on the way.

Failed at taking pics, but here're a couple of pics of our two bikes before we loaded up and left.

DSC08140.jpg

DSC08139.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just bought this shit, picking it up on Sunday

201124950_full.jpg

201124819_full.jpg

201124716_full.jpg

201124621_full.jpg

201124530_full.jpg

201124425_full.jpg

201124319_full.jpg

So there is a cruiser, Hercules big wheel, grifter frame, various Raleigh sports bikes I’ll sell off. Some raleigh chopper parts I’ll sell. Various sturmey archer and dynamo gear which is mean as I need some of that.

Looks like heaps of spares so I’ll list what I don’t need and sell/pass on to boes.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =443345802

is there a resident sturmey archer expert. The above link is for those selector chains. But there are four shaft lengths available...whats the best way to find out what i need?

Suspect i might have to remove my existing ones and see what fits the hubs i have that are missing chains. I suspect it has a lot to do with the axle length...so a raleigh 20 might have a shorter shaft than a big wheel

This probably the most rideable of the sprung seats there

DSC08620.jpg

But its plastic not leather I think

This shot shows all the seats I got, you can see the sweet looking springer seat there - this one has a big ass split in it otherwise would be so lush

DSC08620.jpg