xsspeed's pushbikes

xsspeed

Some trademe wins tonight.

Looks like I will need one of the chch boes to pick this BMX frame up for me and drop at filthy's.

98706909_full.jpg

Tis a Healing? Supersport. the twin top tube looked choice, hopefully it comes out well when I have finished. Otherwise will find a single tube frame.

Hopefully to this spec...

90539558_full.jpg

And I bought this also, some cunt tried to rape my autobid though

98483184_full.jpg

Will give it some paint a polish, maybe some whitewalls. Was keen for a fixie but too much effort so will probably just roll as is for a while. WIll be my commuter to work in the summer.

Should mean I am approaching carbon neutral now/still have too many cars

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it a fixie, the rule so hard. such a lol traffic commuter. makes the ride to work exciting cos you are probly gonna crash.

You will not regret it, I have been peicing together a few parts to make a sweet sweet fixie. So gonna fast forward those plans

I am quickly purchasing things so that hopefully when the bike arrives I can bolt it together in a weekend and be away laughing.

So picked up some old rusty handle bars for $1

98744970_full.jpg

Missed out on some other old bits like cranks, but didnt need them urgently.

Also picked up this old BMX photo essay book for $2 for browsing

98781852_full.jpg

Really need to get some decent wheels/at least a rear wheel and tyre. Probably going to be the most expensive bit of the bike.

Anyone got any?

Just got the road bike home, turns out the chain is fuxord. will have to take a look at it tomorrow, looks like its wrapped around the front and rear gear changer-ers.

Hopefully I can get it going without taking to a bike shop.

On taht note, anyone her ein Auckland work at a bike shop.

Also road bike has horizontal dropouts for rear wheel so fixie could be on the cards long term.

That would be most excellent, this is my chain problem. forgot to rotate photos, I may give it a jiggle tomorrow, but don't want to fuck up the shifters.

Front changer

DSC05422.jpg

Rear changer

DSC05423.jpg

And bike in lounge shot

DSC05424.jpg

Also bought a NOS rear shimano hub just because it was cheap. hopefully it is compatible otherwise will flick on. iS the same vintage as the bike so will hopefully work/probably not/will costa fortune to get a wheel spoked to it.

80235193_full.jpg

Managed to fix the chain, I guess it had wrapped itself around the tensioner twice and thats how the loops got in it, so that was done. 'Adjusted' the front gear changer, rear is still out of whack, clips the spokes when you try change onto the largest diameter rear gear. Will also 'adjust' this.

Handle bars were loose so tightened them, but overtightened the stem so was a bit stiff to turn. WIll need to loosen it off.

Pumped up tires, 65psi rear, front said 100psi, but petrol station pump maxed out at 85. Tyres look cheap as, Made in Taiwan. So may replace at some stage.

Need to adjust rear brake as its not pulling tight enough.

After all that gave it some CRC 5.56 and went for a sweet ride. Apparently I do not look graceful on a bike, lol.

So plan is to fix the niggles, get the autosol out to give bare metal a polish.

Then strip it down, sand and paint, new wheels and tires. new handle bars. Done deal.

• 1 month later...

So pulled apart the BMX this avo, but got stuck with getting the crank off, so need a bit of help from the bike boes.

I believe its a single piece, but have no idea how to get it off, got the nut and washer off and then there is this underneath.

Any ideas what to do next?

DSC05511.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have decided to keep road bike as is and get another bike to use as a fixie, really need a smaller frame to pull off the elevated seat.

So I was looking at this, it doesn't truly have horizontal dropouts, apparently they are about 3/4" and on an angle.

Upside down pic of rear derailleur:

105089313_full.jpg

Reckon that would have enough room for chain adjustment?