Hunted's MK2 Cortina

- i5oogt -

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i still dont know how it happened, like i didnt hit anything or whatever. i think the way it was hung was just super shit so it found a weak point and boom, the rest is history etc.

yeh elite have had them for a month or so....went in again today (for the third time) and they said they were third in line and should be done by monday. they told me in would take a week in the first place....i went back after two weeks and the dude was like oh yeh, i walk past them everyday and think i should probably get onto them......

im not too bothered, just being a dick haha. kinda gutted i have to get them narrowed but they stick out and look silly, and dont want flares so yeh, spose you gotta do what you gotta do

my thoughts exactly.

front can be done easy enough, shorter springs, reshorten shocks etc

however have reset the rear leaves flat and am rolling 2" blocks so "legally" im kinda stuck. i have 3" blocks which ill prbly just chuck in anyways, just need longer u bolts

but yeh definitly need to slam the front more

imo the front needs to go down a touch, the back up a touch. Wheels need to go out a touch and the tyres stretched a touch. Also smash guards out a touch

Tyres could also do with a touch lessprofile

Basically a lot of touching

i agree. sort of.

definitly need more low at front, i like the height at the rear. wheels wont be going out. will go a lower profile (when i can afford it). wont be touching the gurads either. they have all been lipped, so theres plenty of room in there. i now think i should have only taken half an inch out of the front rims :doubt: but ah well

but yes, a lot of touching

cant quite pick it but somethings just not right. im running 205/60s on the rear (8" rim) and 185/60s on the front (7" rim). pretty sure i need lower profile, probably even 195s on the back.

Your problem = 185/60 is an Imperially Metric shitload smaller than a 205/60.

Why are you running 60 profile at both ends with 20mm difference in width?

Equalize, maaaaaaaaan.

maybe :oops: ....haha

im getting a touch of rub with the 205s, and itl be a shit load cheaper to get some 195/60s for the rear, and they are only 2% greater circumference than the 185/60s. 205/55s would be only 0.6% greater so yes, they would be ideal, but im poor and 195/60s are cheaper haha

i shall see what i can find. thanks for the heads up, appreciated

Yeah I think just the addition of a lower profile set of tyres will make this look heaps better.

Find an image of a car that has the look you're after and figure what the owner has done to get it there. People just seem to get all the "parts" and aren't worried about the "sum" (not in reference to you). Execution= key