Hunted's MK2 Cortina

- i5oogt -

I dont know exactly whats wrong with your bonnet, but go to Car Craft on Gatherer st off fitzgerald, ask for Tony, and say Josh the rugged southerner sent you. He'll hook you up with good repairs.

cheers man, but the bonnet is in getting worked on now

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to try, but like i said, im heading back up to hamilton. i have a week or so after exams and then im coming back down to chch for a week over new years, so will probably be pushing it. plan on fully stripping and painting all suspension, drivetrain etc so yeh, will prbably be a lengthy procedure

yeh good point....but it would be nice to clean it up. although knowing me ill probably just not bother, as id find broken stuff eg bushes and that. then again it seems a shame to strip car for paint and not take an extra day of to to make the underside look nice. would just be black paint

• 2 weeks later...

dont even talk to me about bonnets......lol jokes

yeh i saw that after i had taken mine in to get fixed. it might have worked out a touch cheaper getting the glass one, but by the time i got it down here, and got it suitable for painting, probably would have come close to what i paid to get mine fixed.

but yeh, have got mine fixed now, is sitting in my room trying to distract me from study. have taken the car out to a mates and is in a shed where it will remain until i come back from hamilton early next year....got exams at the mo so no time to work on it, and no money.

but come next year, my bank account shall be healthy from a summers work and then its going to be all go!

99% sure I saw ya yesterday @ hagley roundabout around 1:30. Looking good man, should keep the paint as is looks mint 8)

I was in the black levin that some person decided to try T-bone on the round about in front of ya :x

oh yeh man that was me, i saw that lady pulled out it front of you. then she gave me a blank as look as i stared at her being all wtf etc etc

• 2 months later...

question,

single 42mm weber side draught....yay or nay over current 28/32 downdraught (or something like that, its the one smaller than the 2L carb)

there's one on a certain internet auction site for 3 hundy with manifold ready to bolt on....so tempted. plan on putting mild cam in also but probably nothing else, so would it be worth it?