Hunted's MK2 Cortina

- i5oogt -

haha.

just been round a few more places. 2 said they werent that keen cause of the time involved so that it doesnt warp the rest of the bonnet, as about a inch wide strip will need to be taken out all across the bonnet. another place said 750+ gst, and another said worst case scenario 400

id be happy to pay up to 400 i spose....will see how my bonnet hunt goes.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.

just been round a few more places. 2 said they werent that keen cause of the time involved so that it doesnt warp the rest of the bonnet, as about a inch wide strip will need to be taken out all across the bonnet. another place said 750+ gst, and another said worst case scenario 400

just try and find another bonnet mate have you asked karl that you got the car off

hes a cortina guy?

yeh karl is going to check his stash for me haha.

they are bloody hard to find tho, especially in good nick. since iv had the car ive seen 2 for sale. one was mint and sold for 500, the other was prety shity, fair bit of rust etc and sold for 100.

but yeh id rather pay for a new bonnet than to get mine repaired

haha.

just try and find another bonnet mate have you asked karl that you got the car off

hes a cortina guy?

bonnets are one of the hardest things to get hold off as they all rusted out years ago...

• 4 weeks later...

right, small issue.

the chrome on rear acrhes are bolted on, with the nuts being in the wheel arch, no problem there. however, the rear guards have been heavily rolled, and bashed the fuck out of with a hammer. the rolled lip now covers all the nuts i need to undo to take the chrome off.

had a quick go today with screw drivers and a hammer trying to unroll the lip, but it didnt apper to work....any tips? i was thinking maybe cut small sections (using small electric ctting disc of some sort) out where each nut is (there are about 6 on each arch). im worried about 'unrolling' the lip, as it might fuck up the shape of the arch/make it weak etc

any ideas? or am i just going to have to slog away bashing it till i can get to the nuts?

have you got a dent puller?

as you will have to jack the rear up take the wheels off

and pull the back out a little with the dent pulled.

ive got one if you want to borrow it man.

dan

nah I havent, its basically a small slide hammer a?

cheers dan, it might be goer, will be in touch

Please leave car painted in oxide red. Looks so sweet. I love oxide red!

Gaz

haha i finished it today (bar bonnet which is karls) and fuk i like it!! since im so poor and useless will most likely rock it as it for long period of time haha. also have both bumpers off with just lights, grill and nuber plates and it looks prety slick.

":24ibbo9n]you can red oxide that bonnet if you want to ... i dont mind. :D

sweet! ill give it a quick sand to get the moss and lichen off it...haha. i also put two holes in for the bonnet pins.....definitly owe you a box of bears by now haha

Also please put bumpers back on. :mrgreen:

haha i was planning on doing it. will give them a good clean, should look sweet

as for the castrol logo, it would actually look very awesome...might have to ring up the sticker makers......

needs more slam i feel, have 2" blcks i can put in (its got 1" now) but will need to get shocks shortened (again) in the front. which i shall get done when i pull it apart over summer/early next year