Why am I getting a lot of oil vapour?

zep

A byproduct of combustion, is H2O. So if your motor has blowby, you're going to get some condensation in your crankcase. if your PCV systemaint working as per factory, then it'll seep out your breathers. The only time I've had serious water build up in my catchcan, was when I had a cracked head. Blowby sucks. It's not always ideal to loop you catch can back into the intake. If you plumb it in before the Pump (turbo blower etc) you'll end up coating the inside of your intercoooler with crap. This will reduce it's efficiencey. If you plumb it in after the pump, when your on boost, (and the motor is making the most blowby) there is no vacuum to draw the vapour into the engine.

You change your engine ever 5000k? Fuck me

Alright, so diagram the best way to set up a breather system plz

This would be mean.

From my investigation the PCV valve is an external breathing valve circulating into the manifold... I'm not even sure I have one!!

Will definitely check for water in the catch can.

You change your engine ever 5000k? Fuck me

Alright, so diagram the best way to set up a breather system plz

This would be mean.

From my investigation the PCV valve is an external breathing valve circulating into the manifold... I'm not even sure I have one!!

Will definitely check for water in the catch can.

prob not because they require vacuum to run which mean the breather would have to be before the turbo .. which as

somone siad earlier can lead to you intercooler getting filled by shit . prehaps if you dont have one, hook the outlet of the oil can to the compressor side of turbo?? , that should catch most oil and let the fumes still be burnt off .

ive often wondered what the correct way of plumbing crackcase system as ive seen so many different ways

my sr20det setup is about the best ive seen so far, it has 3 ports in rocker cover, two one one side goto catch can and also T off to the turbo intake, the other one goes to a PCV valve to inlet manifold, and the catch can also has a drain that goes back into the block, this is the factory system

if it was my car i'd rock into a mechanics and ask them to TeeKay test it, which will check if theres any fuel/oil vapours in the cooling system,its the easyist thing to rule out, then do a leak down test for peace of mind