how to hide your loom?

peteretep

weld it on
p clips?

not going to weld it on as it will destroy the paint(maybe should have thought about this beforehand???), and possibly p clips, but the screws would have to go into the engine bay, wouldnt that look rubbish?

Currently ive tried using adhesive things with terostat(very adhesive stuff in a tube like silicon) and its partially worked, but not really good enough for long term i think, go over some speed bumps and it would bail hard

any better ideas or products? heres what im currently using

P1387a.jpg

With the Tina I have run the wires through the firewall then sharply accross and into the gaurds (use gromets), then through the gaurds and where the strut tower is I have punched through on eitherside and the bunch of wires (in a loom and protection sheild) run through that. This holds it there. I have only used two pclips. With only two you could easily hide them or incorporate them into other screws/bolts in the bay. Or make it pop out hidden, I.e under the brake booster.

Gaz

Dunno if you've actuaslly hidden your loom or what but I made a new loom and ran it inside guards through grommets and just drilled small holes along the edge of the fold where the guard bolts to and put cable ties round the loom. Where I had to secure it in the engine bay I just used P clips with stainless capscrews like everything else. Looks alright.