bearing stuck on axle

bubblegoose

:( sad times

stripped the b1600 diff down, trying to get the axle out of the hub/bearing bit but it wont budge.

the inner race wont come off the axle no matter how much me and my hammer ask it to

i don't have access to a press big enough to put the whole shaft in what the hell do i do (that i don't have to pay for)

Cut it off with angle grinder... carefully. Dont cut right through but almost. Then use cold chisel to finish. Wear gloves and glasses as the shit is mega hard and brittle. Ask UJ :lol:
Fuck yes.

Bits of 35 year old bearing race emmbedded beneath the flesh or in the cornea are both annoying and difficult to remove without medical assistance.

Gloves and glasses yo. Especially when cold chiseling. Seriously.

+1 for grinding the majority of then chisel to finish.

Had to do this to both front and rear bearings on my gaydub.

more shit needs to be fully floating , make life that much easier

i used gas then chisel , but im gonna assume you dont have that luxury so as per above with the grinding

no eny one with a gas axe aka "Blue Tongue Lizard" and heat the iner race up and hit it out or just cut the iner race with the gas axe and it will fall off good luck

the inner race probably wont fall of (touch wood but none of the ones ive had have) and dont cut the whole thing off with e gas axe leave the last bit for the chisel because the chances are the stream of molten steel will go straight through the axle

I use the gas the hole way u just got to be quick enough not to get to match heat in to the axle i cut all the bearing off the axles with the gas at work works for me

this is getting off topic mang but not everyone has the gas skills you have so id rather tell him to gas cut through the majority and then use the chisel . reguardless i dont think he has a gas axe so it dosnt matter

ive heated the inner race up fucking super hot (notice in the picture the edge has melted) still wont come off

its too stuck to smash it out (that was my first trick)

ive started grinding off the lip on the inner race to pop out the rollers see if i can get the axle out that way

but man this is fucking me off!