Tom's Tx Gem

Goat

ows the motor running these days?

On the 4th head gasket since I've had it :doubt:

I had the block and head machined and it's holding up but have reduced timing heaps to ease up on it a bit? It's been bored out and there is fuck all space on the block between cylinders and it keeps blowing out there. (3.5mm or so)

Otherwise its pretty damn reliable and I'm not easy on my shit, blown HGs only effected power so never put it off the road which was sweet.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
is that the engine that I sold you? will make a mean lil daily with that lil assed turbo. I am kinda gutted that we stripped that piazza down, wouldve made an awsome daily/another money pit.

I sold a gearbox to this dude and noticed he had this Gem on his lawn about to be stripped for parts (had a few bits missing) and offered him 500 for it, he said he would let me take it if I promised to sell him the 4z (that you sold me) was a straight swap almost in the end :D

This one is more complete, had the oil cooler, intercooler and about 5 large boxes full of parts, full loom etc, the only problem is that it has a flex plate so I'll have to find a flywheel and clutch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I don't know a whole lot about turbo setups, but isn't the rule to avoid box/square type plenums cause they always split along the edges, where as round ones are sweet. Or is this only for applications with huge boost

I don't really know tbh? I've seen a few square plenums before, but I just thought people avoided them cause they aren't as pretty :lol: