My TC gemini in projects............................Discuss

Was all looking good til the airbrushing imo. I reckon airbrushing as a rule (of that sort) is pretty average, and if you're new to it it tends to look worse. Of course that's my opinion, so if you like it, hell, why not.

Love the flares and wheels though, just need some thinner tyres on those suckers

Was loving it till I saw the black & Airbrushing , - thought you were going to make a sweet Group C style Gemini...

Still at least its not on a Honda or anything like that :twisted::rolleyes:

You using those badges on something different (the ones I sent) ? Quite cool widened rim, what are they off?

dude sickness!! lovin it only found out about these things recently (seen one and thought it was a mini commodore :o ) and im lovin this one

air brushing looks sic :)

i couldnt run airbrushed cars when my cars running again im taking it straight to some gravel roads for some rally fun :) would just be a waste of money for me to own an expensive/time consuming paint job hahah

anyways cant wait to see finished :D

thanx for the comments guys..

Rims were 5" gemini ones cut and a 3mm steel plate was rolled and welded into the centre of the rim ( cant remember how wide the plate ended up being , but bought the rim to a total 10" wide ), pretty much all done by me at home ( used a roller at tafe to roll it though ).

Cant put any smaller tyres on the rims , they are 10" wide , and the 215's on it were struggling to make it to the bead ( even with the tube in it ) Fronts will be stretched only to 6.25 inches , as i want to be able to turn the steering wheel around corners ( there is plans to street rego it )

The airbrush is something i have only just taken up a short while ago , have done some smaller stuff on 2 other cars , and a few donor bootlids for practice.

Car is still to be finished paint wise , as i have some red pearl to apply before the clearcoat. Bonnet is getting a scoop with a hole under it , and some more airbrushing. Have basically 3 weeks to get it ready to show at a major car show over here. It wont be finished , as thew interior isnt even started , but as long as i can show it im happy!.

P.S CUL8R , those badges are added to my collection , will never be sold or fitted to a car ( unless i have one to "model" with some badges fitted )

This one will be badgeless

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnet is painted , and am making templates for brush work tonight , have to have it done tomorrow night so i can do the pearl and topcoat on the weekend.

few new pics in the other section , but if you want to look at new murals , have to wait till after weekend for them ;)

Lok aka Gus the snail

Cool, you must go through alot of bog & fibreglass repair/expoxy ??

Not as much as people think , i cannot fibreglass ( the stuff i can use is called Kahglass , its like a premade fibreglass bog you add hardener to ) for the life of me , and most stuff gets hammered as flat as possible and a thin layer of "nikki" is applied then sanded. Its rare i put a second layer of filler on a panel. The flares were 1 good , shaped smear , i used to have to do it 3 times , sanding inbetween layers , but been panelbeating/painting for about 16 years now

Have you touched anything mechanical or is it only asthetic stuff?

Motor is a 1600 , mild cam , weber and extractors , not built by me , i was concentrating more on the visuals of the car moreso than the go aspect of it, I just wanted to build something different.

I do have a coupe with pretty full house motor tho , if i ever finish it

• 2 weeks later...