Turbo swapping, T3 for T3!! Which is better?

zep

External Wastegate please.

Why if the internal gate is flowing enough, why change it for an external?

He just likes the noise :P

I may have to change to external... will find out when I talk to someone in the know.

External Wastegate please.

Why if the internal gate is flowing enough, why change it for an external?

He just likes the noise :P

I may have to change to external... will find out when I talk to someone in the know.

If you are going to get a rebuild, they would more than likely be able to port out your internal gate to increase its flow

have you got some pics or serial numbers of the cossie turbo? some of these are T3/T4 turbos from the factory (similar to some grales) and will do 20psi and flow as much/more than the rb25 unit. Also as has been said, the RB25 turbos aren't supposed to be so bad at popping exhaust wheels like the RB20 units so you could probably run 1 bar or something anyway.

Guest vvega
have you got some pics or serial numbers of the cossie turbo? some of these are T3/T4 turbos from the factory (similar to some grales) and will do 20psi and flow as much/more than the rb25 unit. Also as has been said, the RB25 turbos aren't supposed to be so bad at popping exhaust wheels like the RB20 units so you could probably run 1 bar or something anyway.

i used to have a cosy turbo in my GT ...man that thing was lag city..but when it came on ......it was warp factor

now im older and more clever i realise that the lag was probably what made it seam really fast

HT18's are a japanese T3 ...we used to build a lot of these hybridized.....skyline ex housing and either keep the front wheel or t4

spencer had one of these i made many moons ago in his soarer

getting harder to get old of now

etc

That is irrellevent. I'm going to grab this other turbo AIResearch / Garrett T03 and have a look.

Is it internally gated? yes

What is it off? (cosworth?) 1988 Ford Sierra RS Cosworth ( Sapphire)

How much? hmmm cheap

Is it new/rebuilt/used etc? Came off my car at 125,000 kms Ý thýnk it's been serviced before but no major rebuild

How much PSI ehuhuhu?Wýll run 18psi no worrýes (max before overspinning ýs 22psý)

Garrett AirResearch TO3 unit with integral waste gate and water cooled centre-housing

That is irrellevent. I'm going to grab this other turbo AIResearch / Garrett T03 and have a look.
Is it internally gated? yes

What is it off? (cosworth?) 1988 Ford Sierra RS Cosworth ( Sapphire)

How much? hmmm cheap

Is it new/rebuilt/used etc? Came off my car at 125,000 kms Ý thýnk it's been serviced before but no major rebuild

How much PSI ehuhuhu?Wýll run 18psi no worrýes (max before overspinning ýs 22psý)

Garrett AirResearch TO3 unit with integral waste gate and water cooled centre-housing

Let us know if there is a noticeable increase in lag, and drop in performance even though you will be feeding your motor more boost

I reckon that even on 18psi, the performance will be less than the rb25 turbo on 12psi, operating effecency is everything

Guest vvega

zep you will be fine mate

ive seen 500 hp cosworths with that turbo...cant say ive seen the same from a stock turbo on a RB

it may be a bit lagger from the heavier wheels but IMO that will be the only side effect

I have had a look at this turbo and had it been the same flange to the dump as my current T3 I might have considered it, but it too much effort at the moment getting a new dump made up.

Plus it was missing the wastegate actuator and arm anyway. Will sort some new turbo stuff out when I get back from my trip.