Datto chris's mad wagon

Jase

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I aint measured the difference. But the wider tires that were on the 720 chassis fit well into the guards of the 521. So far its been a surprisingly easy conversion. Id reccomend it to anyone with a 620 or 521. So Simple to get better brakes/suspension and engine

Hmm thats a good one. My 521 is legal and the 720 wasnt. All the chassis tags are mounted on the body so its easy. However im thinkin of gettn the chasiss tag remade by a guy up north and get the Z engine number on the tag instead of the J13.

Im also unsure about cert coz i aint modified the chassis at all .

legally tricky but fabrication wise sooo easy.

Hasnt been the best weather this week in chch and im havin a Mexican party so sorting things out for that today otherwise id be ready to drive by end of weekend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the 521 all driving sweet as and finished over the last week.

Gonna take it on some around town missions tomorrow before taking out to to rangiora hot rod show for the weekend

Still cant find reverse gear. been fine tuning the column shift rods but still cant get it.

Might get a floor shift box

Ahhhh shit!

Yeh i know i shouldnt have said that.

Just having alot of trouble hunting out this reverese gear.

I mean it aint gonna stop me driving. Just have to surround myself with friendly bogans this weekend and enough double brown to pass around when they push me out of car parks

Took the ute for another drive this morning. Minus working brake lights and reverse gear. Quite happy with it.

Brendan gonna wire up my brake switch and give it a tune then im set for the weekends antics

Here are some pics of possible roof rack option.

An old orig Esky, Couple suitcases and a old crate of coke bottles

521luggagestack001.jpg

521luggagestack003.jpg

Its gonna sound just a little gay here kaykay but when i brought that from a garage sale that woke me on a saturday morning across the road from me and i stumbled across to check it out and bam i found me this sweet original genuine Esky!!!for $5!!

Its got the picture with a eskimo on both sides and ESKY in big black letters on the lid.

I immediately thought this would look good on your slamilar.

Ive fallen in love with it and will have to regretfully decline your amazing sexual offers/advances.

This is the style im leading towards however.

Obviously not all year round. Just car events and the like. But like your self with the trailer

71Datsun521SakeSamurai.jpg