Anyone have a puller in Hamilton?

Having trouble getting the drum brake cover off the starlet, have hit it with all number of objects an soaked it in crc an still no luck, a puller or drum brake puller should do the trick.

Needs to open as wide as 250mm.

Gently tap it, rotate it slightly, tap it again, rotate more, tap it again, rotate more, if after a few full rotations it isn't moving at all then apply and release the hand brake a couple of time, pull it to full extension, release it, repeat. Hopefully the extra movment from really wrenching the fucker on will allow it to release that little bit more as well.

I'd come give you a hand boe but wrong end of country and all that

also be careful using those threaded holes, have had drums stuck so bad before the threaded holes cracked rather than releasing drum, sucked.

also be careful using those threaded holes, have had drums stuck so bad before the threaded holes cracked rather than releasing drum, sucked.

yuh had that happen , had to get new drums ... the hole only work if the drum is semi loose ... which it wont be ... crc it ...gor for a cane roudn for 10 min with foot on brake to get everything mega hot and slam the drum then

you shouldbe able to smell brakes when you stop

work with shit thats been together for 2+ years on trucks that stop start , should work with starship

Cheers everyone.

I've been told by a wise mang that I shouldn't use pullers as they will likely just crack the cast drum, an bashing should be the way. I tried a big drive an got them all warm an tried driving with the handbrake on to turn the drum but the brake just slips and I had no more luck than I did when it was cold. Might use a butane torch on it to get some heat in then try more wacking.

Otherwise I may have a go with jarreds huge ones in the weekend.

All for a wheel bearing!