solidstripes gloria

thminiman

I saw it this Morning Looked Like Banging New From the Right Hand Side Didn't Catch the other.

That price would be a bare metal respray.

Sanded down, any rust dealt to etc, mask up primer, bog in places it may need, More the man hours of doing the Job.

My car to spray the whole thing cost me $370 Incl Paint and the Booth for the weekend.

I did all the prep work masking etc.

Was a cunt

Edit:

That was At Colin Davis ^^^^

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers y'all! :D So, so stoked right now. Off for a new WoF tomorrow.

Didn't get the whole thing painted as my work has dryed up till after the elections (typical), so holding onto the $$ at the moment, but got the whole thing polished up, and it's looking primo.

Will get pics up ASAP.

He's just having me on now, not wanting to pay for the parts... So dropping the bill in to him tomorrow anyway, and telling him to pay up. He's getting an assesor in and everything, so put's a bit of a downer on the situation. Work/paint wise I'm seriously stoked, but I personally found they aren't the best to deal with face to face. He also just bunged the rusty part of the bumper back on which is another thing I'll have to get sorted. I'm not going to fork out to get it back to where it was in the beggining. I mean, I understand he has a bussiness and needs to make money, but he's also got the job of getting it back to the way it was, and I didn't have a big rusty bumper with a hole in it. Will post up some pics so y'all know what I'm going on about.

Also should of paid for them to do the drivers side sill while they were at it, as it's got quite a few stone chips. It's on the to-do list.

Oh yeah, Zak, I'll bring it round to your work tomorrow if ya want, and have a chat about the spacers.

I'll put some pics up ASAP, still waiting on a sunny day - it's been raining/gails for weeks! Cheers to Zak (above) for the shiny (well...) new throttle bushing. Old rubber one gave was perished, so took it out and was running for a while without it and it only had about 1/2 throttle. It's seriously given it back about 50 hp (out of the 106 it came with :lol: )!! Hahahaha! I don't know how I put up with it being so slow for ages!! It cruised up Hamishs hill in 3rd no sweat! So stoked bro! I owe ya one, name it, it's done.

photos are overrated - covert night time meats are where its at

:lol: Yeah man, nice to finally meet ya - cheers for the visor, she looks pretty snug compaired to the last one. And your minor is so rat!! 8) Definatly need to bung that visor on as well...

Photo's will be up AsAP, been super busy lately, running around the country and what not, will get them up when I get the final piece of trim on the boot.

Oh, if anyone can get hold of/has the piece of bootlid trim, PM me cause I'd be keen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on that note, kyteler and solid stripe. beach hop. minor Japanese invasion. flags and OS stickers. fucking do it, no excuses.

i'm planning on being there, got a few things to do but would be awesome to have a few japanese cars in the cruise that look like they belong. something with a bit of a WTF is that factor.

something to think about anyway, gives us a bit of a timeline to have shit ready by (fuck, i better start panicing, a long way to go for me...............)

interested????

cheers

Matt

Yeah, I'll be there no matter what probebly. I can't remember ever missing it. Allways been rolling in a jappa every year too! :lol: Would be good to have someone else as back up for all the red neck abuse though for once... Nah, it's not that bad, everyone seemed to love the Gloria and big jap flag this year, thumbs up and smiles for miles. Only a handfull got smart but it was all lol's. Got to slam it on whitewalls before then though, allthough, having 8-9 people in the car as we did this year brought it pretty low. 8) Definatly going to try enter the next one.

• 2 weeks later...