Lee's 73 Falcon

RT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that jamie McCoy with a green single spinner/ford freak? Holy flip it be choice if you did! Yeah damage is really on isolated to the tailgate and door, even the glass within is sweet.

Makes it that much dumber to get sorted for wag season which kicks off shortly...

Dude that sucks,

Mentioned your story and a mate told me this one:

At a mechanics shop, a turbo civic (two door) started 'itself' with an apprentice inside, while in reverse on stands, dropped off the stands wide open throttle bounced off a 63 mustang and dodge (something*), bouncing a few times then slotted itself/wedged/rode up the side of the mustang/ in between them ripping the doors forward, before the young fella killed the motor, BIG moment

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah bolts I got a rusty one that I have mattey beed and on there now, but have a decent one lined up which i hope to get.

Thanks to CDL this got a woof yesterday, and I paid someone some big $$ to do some sign writing on it, will chuck some pics up of its current stz.

• 9 months later...

that must have been somewhat alarming. would have been a decent splosion to remove both rocker covers like that. shouldnt cause too much damage inside the engine though?

i had a similar experience welding up a holed sump......... blew the oil filler cap miles away and bent the sides of the rocker covers out, otherwise was sweet. did bang my noggin on x member and floor trying to get away as i was under the car at the time

Far out that's pretty impressive!

I would have thought if you put some more rocker covers on it should still be sweet.

Bad news if the oil has had petrol in it for a long time and you have been using it like that.

EDIT: Beaten by CaMpy

Was going to say put one of Als uz's but that would be so so wrong. Do not.

I would be more worried about seals blowing out than actual component damage. Notably the rear main.

However - like Cam - I would be more inclined to chuck some new rocker covers and gaskets on. Replace the fuel pump and oil.

Then crank it up and see where any oil dribbles from (if any at all)

It could be the rocker covers were the weakest link and all else is sweet..