deaf_rattles Supra

kyteler

Hey mate just a quick question.

A friend of mine has a ma70 supra (7mgte) and its an auto, he wants to buy a 5m powered celica thats a manual and put the box , flywheel and clutch/pressure plate from the 5m onto the back of the 7m motor.

Will the 7m fit a 5m box?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahoy matt long time no see! we should catch up some time.

seen how ive fucked up my markII? since u saw it when she was bone stock? heheheh

so the 7m is going eh, that must be sweet for everythin cept gas consumptuion? hehe ;) i'll be joining ya on that when the single turbo goes on ;)

• 1 year later...
Yeah it better be worth it lol :P

Mates got a backyard full of GA/MA61's... he's been crazy about them since we were at school.

i hope so, i reckon 500hp should be fairly acheivable with this set up.

Got more information on the backyard full of GA/MA61s?? :shock:

What info do you need? At last count he had 4 I think, 2 of which were runners. One has hit a pole, the remaining one is rotten.

hey there was wondering how much your arp head bolt cost and what torque settings have to torqued your head to, iv heard of people going between 72 - 84 ft lbs

hey

talk to mac at http://www.fortyone.co.nz he will set you right.

i think it was about 83ft lbs iirc.

Snoozin, does your mate have parts that hes selling? and is he interested in suprafest 2008?

cheers

• 1 month later...
Good to see progress, you get the caliper adaptors for the Z32 bits? If you're going bigger than 15's could go the R33 Skyline with BA Falcon discs (298mm). I am personally looking at the R32 calipers and machining down some AUII Falcon discs by a few mm to give me more wheel clearance but I have to run 15's.

A bit late, but think I have cheap local source for machining the outer edge of the hubs down to fit the rotors. Just need to measure up the 3 different potential rotors I have and drop him off 3 sets of hubs. :lol:

Callum

cheers, yeah ive got the cruzida kit, he says i will need to adapt it abit since im running the ms65 front hubs now. 3 sets? haha crazy mofo.

I think ill go for the stock z32 stuff for now, and then upgrade the discs later on to the gtr ones. Just want to get the car going and certed for now.

keep me posted about your brake upgrade though.

my brother is going to machine the hubs for me, so no dramas there.