deaf_rattles Supra

kyteler

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the parts are for the engine, that im waiting on the crank to be knife edged. once the crank is done the rods are getting machined and shot peened. The block is prepped and then the rotating assembly can be balanced.

I have just recently bought a house, so that put a holt to proceedings.

But the car is now in the garage and work can start on it again.

The front struts are coming out this weekend for the installation of the cusco camber plates, then the 5 stud hubs will be machined to suit and ill order the new wheel bearings.

Not much needing to be done to the car.

The true trac LSD might get assembled in the next month or so and when the camber kit arrives the rear subframe will be modified and then powder coated and then put back in, along with new subframe bushes and the 5 stud rear hubs.

No point rushing these things :wink:

hey is that dude making those bushings? i need some for my rear frame,

Ive sussed my own camber kit wasnt alot need some bolts from bmw aye

Yea is that the dude from TS who makes the rear sub frame bushes? because he never replies to my pm's Im keen for a set and mr dori stinks

• 1 month later...

im looking at getting some steel wheels made up, for street use is there anything i should think about before going ahead with this?

I will be finding out the weight before purchase, but are 15" steel wheels likely to be heavier than an average set of 17s?

Also looking into the oil delivery system now, probably going to upgrade all 3 coolers (engine, trans and power steering) just looking for an oil thermostat. I will probably just get one from summit though.

Stickers arrived for the rear hatch the other day, will probably put those on once its going.

It's a pity that you're going to 5 stud, there's not nearly as many wheels which would suit your car that way.

Old Jap wheels are the only option, get some 8" wide hoshino G5s on that sucker. :D

Why would you possibly need to upgrade the PS cooler?

I reckon you should just get it up and running, and then sort out these other non essential items as you go. (and as required... surely a PS cooler is overkill?!) :)

but are 15" steel wheels likely to be heavier than an average set of 17s?

I can't say for certain but I would imagine a set of 15" steels will be HEAVY. Especially in 8s and 9s which is the minimum for this car ;)

My 13x8's are very heavy, though I have had people say they aren't too bad in comparison to big 17-18 inch "mags"

the factory ps cooler is abit small for alot of spirited driving, so will use my trans cooler for the ps and then replace the trans cooler and oil cooler with larger earls items.

You are probably right, i should just get the thing going. The tyres on the stock wheels wont last very long :lol:

I think i might buy the turbo soon too, GT3540 :twisted:

bring on the holidays, then i can start doin some work on it again.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Lookin good man! dont you dare give up on this or ill smash you

haha cheers mate

Yeah once i put the rear end back on the ground and saw how tucked the wheels are i could imagine how badass this car might be once its done.

gotta chase up my motor, should be done in the next week or 2

hoping to have it in for custom pipe work in Jan.

Main goal now is to have it all legal etc for beach hop.

Lookin good man! dont you dare give up on this or ill smash you

haha cheers mate

Yeah once i put the rear end back on the ground and saw how tucked the wheels are i could imagine how badass this car might be once its done.

gotta chase up my motor, should be done in the next week or 2

hoping to have it in for custom pipe work in Jan.

Main goal now is to have it all legal etc for beach hop.

fucken awesome. good luck man. must fel pretty good to have it so close to being finished and driveable. man im jealous haha :P

Man i love these things. I think i i might own one one day, 15x8 and 9 mk1's or 2's.

They look so amazing with a good stance.

Keep it up, engines going to haul. Just out of curiousity, what do one of these things weigh from

factory?

thanks, yeah they are something a little bit different. Not often do you see another one driving around.

1380 apparantly is the stock weight, but mine weighed in at 1200kgs with only partial a/c removal and sw20 mr2 seats installed.

Yeah, hoping for 300rwkws, but ill be happy to make 200plus.

• 6 months later...

miniandmore013.jpg

pics066.jpg

Oil COOLER, not heater. Duh! Be a nice ambient warm temperate though

Anyway, epic project, not my style, but i appreciate whats going on here.

My old flatmate had a sack 5M auto one, converted to manual and turbo. Rebuilt 3 times, total running time of 7 minutes, but fuck it went hard and made some holes in the road!

These look so nice slammed with some dished alloys, your onto a winner brother.