Mike-e's 1975 Toyota Corolla KE20 Race Car

thminiman

daiku3daze-img600x450-1171888900dsc.jpg

fuck would be mega keen for a respray with some help from spence and a pain job like that. wouldnt mint re-doing interior also, interior w/cans ftw.

looking forward to getting new mags on theyve so got the perfect offset for it. unfortunately because of the wider than stock T series diff and lengthened lower controll arms i cant get any boso happening :(

^tossing up if to install these cams or not as its going to cost $200 for shimming to get a set of cams in anyway. cams i want to put in will be more like this

photo0125ft3.jpg

couldnt be more pleased with the fly

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mean, this car is going to be so awesome when you sell your pistons and buy some high comp NA ones for half the price you sold the turbo ones for and then run it epic NA. As though 290 degree cams with 9.5 lift will be suited to mmm boost thats just silly.

Any idea what size the throttles are on GTIR quads?

Nah but if you are thinking of using them on a custom setup apprantly they are cast in the intake manifold lols. Just use 20v ones. They = 43 or 45mm. SChweeet.

edit: posted that without seeing the pics but upon closer inspection yuh, gti-r ones are gay

so not going n/a cunts, prob wont use the gtir throttles just because they're a gay shape where they fit onto the head, but they're so massive they could go out to 60mm without much trouble

also using them would be so easy, no different to 20v quads anyway/so not cast in the intake manifold. but thats not the point I prob wont use them anyway. by the shape of the ports after the throttle they would be sooooo sweet on a 1g/bluetop loals :D

yuh cams arent ideal decent duration and lift could use more overlap though

am leaning towards cutting up stock caldina manifold and making a decent plenum with a 1uz throttle on the end of it

also using them would be so easy, no different to 20v quads anyway/so not cast in the intake manifold.

You're right. I shouldn't trust anything I read on the e-net but still, they aren't individual and seem like a shit setup compared to the ease of the toyota ones.

am leaning towards cutting up stock caldina manifold and making a decent plenum with a 1uz throttle on the end of it

Sounds like the best idea to me. I've noticed that on most of the high horsepower setups on RB26's and GTi-R Sr's the cunts remove the itbs and just run large singles. itbs don't seem to offer any benifit in boosted setups /caldina plenum looks pretty hot.

^ hard hard. theyre setup more like 2 twin sideys. even so they're still pretty sweet, all the linkages are rose jointed making life somewhat less cunty

yea caldina plenums mint just way too small for boost so will cut the top off and make a much bigger plenum around those trumpets

• 8 months later...