Low n' Slow mk1

davidian

Yeah im not actuallt sure at all what is on it at the moment, need to have a look on it to see if there is a clear coat.

I went to the paint shop next to road and track in Lower hutt and got a quote and a test tube of the paint.

Iv lost the bloody quite already but think it was $75 thinners, $250 odd for 4L of paint then $100 odd for primer to do engine day and a few little interior bits.

He recomended 1K due to all the cemicals in 2K and 1K would be better for the colour i was after and cheaper.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have told you to drag the car on backwards if it had no motor - Sorry, my bad.

As for 1K - my understanding is that just means paint that does not require hardner. What did he say about the need to put clear coat over the metallic?

As said - 2 ltrs of Autobase Plus (at about $175 a litre) should do your entire car but will require clearcoat - and 1K will chip more easily than 2K clearcoat.

As in all things - you get what you pay for etc.

All good we put the car on that way because there was a cliff to the front of it and it was easyest. Cheers for the trailor loan.

Ah shit my memory is getting tested here haha, from memory, he said it did require a clear coat and his reasoning for using 1K over 2K was that it was safer for DIY job and required no hardners therfore cost less and i cant remember if he said or not if the colour i was after was avalible in 2K poss not.

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...