davidian

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
hey chris..

what sort of fibreglass flares did you use?

look like the ones on trademe but i want to be sure before i buy some.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Body-kits-mouldings/auction-336020187.htm

Yup thats the ones, they seem incresingly common now so not as cool anymore IMO. and prefer the look of standerd guards with wide inbound wheels now. :bounce:

Myself i was thinking about putting bubble arches on my 4 door,

with a cutout on the back doors if you know what i mean. quote]

That would be cool but to get them to work properly you need to chop a truckload of meat out fron under your guards basicly tub the thing and on a 4 door i would imagine that would be tricky.

RS mabie? what wheels etc you going with? depends how low you want it and size of wheels etc

want to run 13s with some decent dish and maybe 215 50s with a bit of stretch. nothing excessive.. so that means 13x9s or wider?.. probably positive 20 or so.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=60&diameter=13&wheelwidth=5.5&offset=25&width2=215&aspect2=50&diameter2=13&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=20&Submit=Submit

unless you can think of a better tyre size? i know you can lower profile 13s. but in that (or close) width?

Ive had a bit of a look under my rears. i could do the bubble thing quite easy. just wont have much more room under there then standard other then wider. the inner guard is flat (straight in) from under the door. just have to mini tub the bit in the boot.

also if i did the bubble thing i would change my rim tyre combo to match.