nothing about 18r's stuttering anymore

pies

Only problem there is 200ish hp in a fat lard arse Supra doesn't get you anywhere :lol:

That's why in us specifaction they were sold with 320 hp and for the jap domestic market they were sold with 280, stay tuned for a supra tuning review shortly as I have a good mate who's goin to be looking for seriosu power from a jza80 shorty i know it's not old school but should be intresting build up to follow, hehehe by the way soonzin the side street beside quest is now soild black

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RB26DETT

The first 2.6 L RB26DETT featured twin-turbochargers and produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 260 ft·lbf (353 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. The last series of the RB26DETT produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 289 ft·lbf (392 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. However, several stock (unmodified) engines have been dyno tested and reported to obtain nearer the 320 hp mark. It is widely renowned for its strength and extreme power potential. It is not uncommon for 600 hp to be achieved on the standard bottom end. With regular maintenance, many of these engines have been driven way past the 100,000 mile mark with a few heading toward 200,000 miles. from a highest mileage table in GT-R Magazine, January 2006 issue

again each to there own, but if i had the choice i know which id choose, just have a qik browse over some of the american supra forums to see the true potential of this engine, i rember reading a article about a dyno day in texas, of the 16 supras that showed up all had stock bottoms end all were daily driven, of the 16 i think it was 7 were pushing in excess of 700hp and the rest were all 550hp plus and all daily driven hehehe

of the 16 i think it was 7 were pushing in excess of 700hp and the rest were all 550hp plus and all daily driven hehehe

Personally I'd much rather have 200ish hp but have the power at a useable rev range for a daily driver. Once again personal taste :D

Haha you dickhead nismo.capri, you lead him into an argument about who can make the most daily drivable horsepower on standard motors and then you try and make him look stupid by saying you don't need high horsepower to have a fun car. Just an argument for the sake of one.

im not trying to start some shit fight, i am merly stating my options and what i have heard, but as im in the process of help a friend modify a jza80 for d1nz i will have amuch more in deepth first hand knowledge of the 2jz shortly, if i was wanting a fun car with 200 hp id already have brought me a lotus seven powerd by a supercharged hybusia engine :P

rb25 don't even compete you are looking at around 260kw on standard internal's before pistons start melting :P

Interesting, a friend's GTS25t has so far made 274rwkw while being tuned. Biggish turbo, fuel system, stock internals etc.

One of the last cars into the 10 second bracket also has a stock internaled RB25, and makes a fairly reasonable 450rwkw...

If you've ever seen 2JZGTE internals, you'll understand why they can make massive hp on standard internals.

Haha you dickhead nismo.capri, you lead him into an argument about who can make the most daily drivable horsepower on standard motors and then you try and make him look stupid by saying you don't need high horsepower to have a fun car.

You could also say that I was sticking up for the nissan engines. It's not like either of us have engine makers names as part of our username..... oh wait... :wink:

im not trying to start some shit fight, i am merly stating my options and what i have heard,

Man it's not us it's vauxhal drivers.... they are so used to people baggin their cars that they don't understand that you can actually argue the merrits of different engines with out throwing the toys out of the cot

if i was wanting a fun car with 200 hp id already have brought me a lotus seven powerd by a supercharged hybusia engine :P

That would be a wicked ride... wouldn't be much fun in winter as the daily driver tho

oi fuck you cunts. coming in to my thread and telling me to go all new skool jz power and shit... all good... but dont fucking argue or ill smash you cunts heads into brick walls and bbqs and hmm i smell pizza...

I thought this thread was about your spluttering 18rg anyhoo.... hows that going or have you been too busy feeling up Mikuni's Mum?

Man it's not us it's vauxhal drivers.... they are so used to people baggin their cars that they don't understand that you can actually argue the merrits of different engines with out throwing the toys out of the cot
hows that going or have you been too busy feeling up Mikuni's Mum?

Lay off 'omo,

He had just stated the truth.

i hate you guys. i really do.

y do feel so much hate

And pies, you should put a 2JZ-GE with injection and six throttles in your car. THAT is the motor made for your car.

thats why. do you have any idea on what sort of thoughts are going through my head because of that comment?

Only good thought's i hope also add a set of 304 degree cams to that mix as well

Cam upgrade would be the first thing I'd do to a 2jz, stock cams are pretty horrible really

Also, the highest recording for a stock internal 2jzgte was over 900 and they were still tuning to break the 1000hp mark on stock internals, ran somewhere in the 8XX mark for normal driving though

Guest sexychevette

Hold your tongue, or ill bite it off :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: Vauxhall for life.