nothing about 18r's stuttering anymore

pies

toyota 18r is randomly miss firing when driving down the road (note: not missing when car is turned off)

no apparent pattern. just, misses. under power, cruising, up hill, down hill,

gave the diz rotor a light sand. no help. checked cap, bit white on the contact points. brand new leads. plugs = all good. sprayed remains of can of carb cleaner down the carb throat.

anything else i could try?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger...the wagon was doing a similar thing, but only on part throttle. Oscar in all its homoness lists BP5ES's, but the Haynes/Toyota manual specifies BP5EY. Silly little groove made all the difference in the world, so it might pay to hunt around and make sure you've got the right plugs in there.

Bugger...the wagon was doing a similar thing, but only on part throttle. Oscar in all its homoness lists BP5ES's, but the Haynes/Toyota manual specifies BP5EY. Silly little groove made all the difference in the world, so it might pay to hunt around and make sure you've got the right plugs in there.

will give it a shot au

maybe iridiums heh

Take the 18R out and put a 7M in.

Sorted.

fuck the 7m get a 1jz :P, is it fuel injected or carbie 18r,

Yeah, but if we're talking Cressida's, some came with 4Ms, so a swap to a 7M is a lot easier than a 1JZ, hence why I said 7M. Besides, wouldn't you go 2JZ if you were going JZ?

Also, baked pastry goods. Check all your ignition earths, if it's intermittent, it's likely that it's something in the ignition circuit losing power.

Check the condition of the barrel as well as the wires running from it. A friend had a similar problem in his 260Z 2+2 which turned out to be a slight nick in a wire in the ignition barrel loom, luckily no more than 5cms from the barrel so saved a lot of dramas, that was of course after we spent countless hours trying to find the damn problem, we swapped ECUs, Coils, Dizzy's, he changed injectors, fuel pump, filters.. even took it to a mechanic when we were lost. Mechanic was fucken useless and couldn't find the problem either. It was only when I gave him another ignition barrel to try that he stumbled across it.

Take the 18R out and put a 7M in.

Sorted.

fuck the 7m get a 1jz :P, is it fuel injected or carbie 18r,

Yeah, but if we're talking Cressida's, some came with 4Ms, so a swap to a 7M is a lot easier than a 1JZ, hence why I said 7M. Besides, wouldn't you go 2JZ if you were going JZ?

Also, baked pastry goods. Check all your ignition earths, if it's intermittent, it's likely that it's something in the ignition circuit losing power.

Check the condition of the barrel as well as the wires running from it. A friend had a similar problem in his 260Z 2+2 which turned out to be a slight nick in a wire in the ignition barrel loom, luckily no more than 5cms from the barrel so saved a lot of dramas, that was of course after we spent countless hours trying to find the damn problem, we swapped ECUs, Coils, Dizzy's, he changed injectors, fuel pump, filters.. even took it to a mechanic when we were lost. Mechanic was fucken useless and couldn't find the problem either. It was only when I gave him another ignition barrel to try that he stumbled across it.

For the avergae person 2jz is not much point you are looking at arounb 3k mark where as a 1jz can be picked up for as little as 1g and are a awsome engine way better than any m sereis engine

easy 300kw for any jz sereis of motor with good ecu big sinbgle and 15psi :P

For the avergae person 2jz is not much point you are looking at arounb 3k mark where as a 1jz can be picked up for as little as 1g and are a awsome engine way better than any m sereis engine

easy 300kw for any jz sereis of motor with good ecu big sinbgle and 15psi :P

So it's decided then.

baked pastry goods will get an engine transplant.

id say take for run and pull plugs out , they can tell you quite a bit e.g too much fuel , not firing(no spark at plugs) , too lean etc etc , also check vacuum pipe from dizzy if it has one and the condenser can make the car run like a bag of shit if its poked

buy a new cap and rotor buddy, honestly for the moeney, its the best way, also maybe try the condensor, although, might not be the problem, why dont you ask me these things when you see me fool........

Allan

i knew u would say cap and rotor :P allready done. should have a condensor at work in the next few days