nothing about 18r's stuttering anymore

pies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh awesome! Nah I didn't know that was the deal. Awesome though, a JZ pretty much belongs in anything larger and rwd from toyota. That or a 1U but I prefer straight 6 unless the cars a cruiser.

I'm not sure if 1J compares to a RB26, no matter how biased and one eyed you are. 2J is comparable and I would say better. 1J just doesn't have the torque or quite the high horsepower tunability of the big boys.

And pies, you should put a 2JZ-GE with injection and six throttles in your car. THAT is the motor made for your car.

Oh awesome! Nah I didn't know that was the deal. Awesome though, a JZ pretty much belongs in anything larger and rwd from toyota. That or a 1U but I prefer straight 6 unless the cars a cruiser.

I'm not sure if 1J compares to a RB26, no matter how biased and one eyed you are. 2J is comparable and I would say better. 1J just doesn't have the torque or quite the high horsepower tunability of the big boys.

And pies, you should put a 2JZ-GE with injection and six throttles in your car. THAT is the motor made for your car.

actually the 1jz is equal to the rb26dett in almost every way, plus its about 2000 cheap for intial buy, the 2jz is more compareable to the rb30 but again for cost involed for building a rb30 the jz again wins

RB30DET = nz drifter bodgey engine isn't it? they're not even a prouction engine.

1jz = rb25det compareable,

2jz = rb26det "

IMO of course, but I can't see how you can compare them in your way. meh

someone hook me up wuith 1jz gte or a 2jz n/a

How I look at it, both the 1jz and rb26dett are suposedly 205 kw factory, both can be nursed to produce more than 300kw in standard form with just bolt on's, id il most say that the 1jz would be stronger that the rb26, 2jz can not be compared to rb26 as 2jz can produce well in excess of 700hp or 400kw on stock bottom end show me a rb26 that can do this :P

rb25 don't even compete you are looking at around 260kw on standard internal's before pistons start melting :P

value for money 1jz powns all as they can be picked up for around the 1 g mark, add another 1500 to manual

where as the bottom price form rb25 these day is around the 2k mark and rb26 is looking at 3k then you have to still purchase a 25t box on top of these prices

these are just my thought's anywayz

plus jz sound so sweet when gettin cained

i hate you guys. i really do.

y do feel so much hate

thats why. do you have any idea on what sort of thoughts are going through my head because of that comment?

i hate you guys. i really do.

y do feel so much hate

thats why. do you have any idea on what sort of thoughts are going through my head because of that comment?

Only good thought's i hope also add a set of 304 degree cams to that mix as well

How I look at it, both the 1jz and rb26dett are suposedly 205 kw factory, both can be nursed to produce more than 300kw in standard form with just bolt on's, id il most say that the 1jz would be stronger that the rb26, 2jz can not be compared to rb26 as 2jz can produce well in excess of 700hp or 400kw on stock bottom end show me a rb26 that can do this :P

I'm not familer with nekkid RB engines (dare I say it the closest I have been to owning one was a RD diesel in a Lauriel) but I can tell you for sure that the VG series have one cranking bottom end girdle.

VG30-bottom-end.jpg

rb25 don't even compete you are looking at around 260kw on standard internal's before pistons start melting :P

That's interesting.... I've been told by a guy from down south who dyno'ed his race car on my friends dyno that the VG will do about 500hp on the std internals. After that all you need to do is increase the bearing clearences to get more cooling from the increased oil flow. This is complete hear say.

I was going to point out that it really is a matter of personal taste because either of them are bangin powerplants but I don't think I will.... I've been getting a laugh watching you cunts piss and moan :lol:

RB26DETT

The first 2.6 L RB26DETT featured twin-turbochargers and produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 260 ft·lbf (353 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. The last series of the RB26DETT produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 289 ft·lbf (392 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. However, several stock (unmodified) engines have been dyno tested and reported to obtain nearer the 320 hp mark. It is widely renowned for its strength and extreme power potential. It is not uncommon for 600 hp to be achieved on the standard bottom end. With regular maintenance, many of these engines have been driven way past the 100,000 mile mark with a few heading toward 200,000 miles. from a highest mileage table in GT-R Magazine, January 2006 issue

RB26DETT

The first 2.6 L RB26DETT featured twin-turbochargers and produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 260 ft·lbf (353 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. The last series of the RB26DETT produced 280 PS (206 kW) @ 6800 rpm and 289 ft·lbf (392 N·m) @ 4400 rpm. However, several stock (unmodified) engines have been dyno tested and reported to obtain nearer the 320 hp mark. It is widely renowned for its strength and extreme power potential. It is not uncommon for 600 hp to be achieved on the standard bottom end. With regular maintenance, many of these engines have been driven way past the 100,000 mile mark with a few heading toward 200,000 miles. from a highest mileage table in GT-R Magazine, January 2006 issue

again each to there own, but if i had the choice i know which id choose, just have a qik browse over some of the american supra forums to see the true potential of this engine, i rember reading a article about a dyno day in texas, of the 16 supras that showed up all had stock bottoms end all were daily driven, of the 16 i think it was 7 were pushing in excess of 700hp and the rest were all 550hp plus and all daily driven hehehe