PAINT THREAD

dylan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clear only comes in a kit  7 L depends on what system you use, different systems have different mix ratios etc 3.1, 2.1. every painter is different but I never really use thinners in clear.  with base coat colours 50 /50 with thinners so doubles or paint. a kit of clear will be sweet to do two coats, use HS clear if you want good build.

clear only comes in a kit  7 L depends on what system you use

that depends on the brand, i have a 1l tin in front of me for an engine bay im doing tomorrow.

Not using thinners is fine in a warm environment where the paint will flow but if your in a cooler garage spec spray area then thinners is a must or its gonna be a nightmare/some balls to spray heavy enough to get it flat (not telling you just so other readers are aware)

that depends on the brand, i have a 1l tin in front of me for an engine bay im doing tomorrow.

Not using thinners is fine in a warm environment where the paint will flow but if your in a cooler garage spec spray area then thinners is a must or its gonna be a nightmare/some balls to spray heavy enough to get it flat (not telling you just so other readers are aware)

yep and you are right I keep on for getting I do stuff at work in the booth! MS clear would be prefect at home. what brand is that 1L you got? be good to know. can be a nightmare both ways with or with out. best bet is allways do a test panel if you never done it before to see where your at. just a little bit of thinners will go a long way in clear.