P stahhhs Ms85

Sparkle

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

copy that, no fingers haha.. had mine removed in a freak basket weaving incedent anyway haha. na all good, go the block.

lol,good man..

im not sure on the legalities of removing handles tho.

isnt there suposed to be a way to open the car from the outside incase of crash etc

Looks like your going pretty hard on the crown man, but ive gotta warn you. fibreglassing/bogging rust like that will not solve the problem, it wont even slow it down, the water will just sit on the edge where the fibreglass meets the steel and eat away at it, making the hole bigger especially if the bog fills up all the drainage holes in the door.

if he kills the rust in the doors and sprays the inside of them with something to stop, water which gets in, from sitting on the bare steel then he'll be sweet surely

but i would be careful not to fill in any drainage holes

Fuck plugging them, im gonna add some extra drainage holes.....

or i could just leave the current vented situation ie not bottom of doors at all.... hmmm rust ftfl big time...

wanders off wondering if the bottom of the doors = structural for wof.......

Ive failed a WOF for rust in bottom of doors before... Doesnt mean its a failable point tho as Ive been failed for rust in weird places and passed for others that I would have thought shouldnt.

Dodgy Hint of teh Day: WOF people cant move anything in your car. If you carpeted your complete door panel (right round the bottom of the door) then they couldnt move it to check ;)

Ive failed a WOF for rust in bottom of doors before... Doesnt mean its a failable point tho as Ive been failed for rust in weird places and passed for others that I would have thought shouldnt.

Dodgy Hint of teh Day: WOF people cant move anything in your car. If you carpeted your complete door panel (right round the bottom of the door) then they couldnt move it to check ;)

Under the new regs IF they think somthings a bit dodgey they can investagate, ie if they think theres a bit of duct tape instead of a steel patch on a door etc they can jab it with a screwdriver etc

Under the new regs IF they think somthings a bit dodgey they can investagate, ie if they think theres a bit of duct tape instead of a steel patch on a door etc they can jab it with a screwdriver etc

haha yeah, i thought the same thing, bloody wof man and his screwdriver found rust in the 323, made us fix it. we used steel mesh, covered it in bog, he checked it with a magnet "you've done a good job with the welder there boys" gold.

Yuh, dunno how keen i am on carpeted door bottoms haha and im fairly sure the door would cease to close which i imagine is a safety hazzard haha.

on a side note, whats the deal with stud pattern etc for this beast what can i pilfer wheels from that would fit... i presume it is the same as the big aussie barges???

Yuh, dunno how keen i am on carpeted door bottoms haha and im fairly sure the door would cease to close which i imagine is a safety hazzard haha.

on a side note, whats the deal with stud pattern etc for this beast what can i pilfer wheels from that would fit... i presume it is the same as the big aussie barges???

Fuck it then, No doors style FTW.