Macabre's VR4 Lancelot EX

Glancn

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt rebuild when i got it, i guess its just could have been poorly maintained in japan and after i got it and started thrashing it it started to wear?? oil pump seems to be sweet so ill take the bits into the engine shop and see hether its salvalgable.

Have you pulled apart a VR-4 4G63 recently? Compare the size of the crank, rods to any other engine (ie SR20DET, 3S-GTE) and you will be quite amazed. The 4G63 is very over-engineered and apart from the soft rings are an otherwise robust engine.

No engine is immune to running a bearing.

That picture I posted above was from Pete's Galant - it had done 411,000kms on the original bottom end. What was thought to be worn valve springs turned out to be excessive bearing clearance causing the piston top to be tapping the head. It got to the point where the noise was so horrible yet it still ran on all four cylinders no problems. As you can see the bearing was worn down so thin it squished out the side of the journal and broke into many peices, along with depositing a metallic paste all through the engine.

haah, you will be ok with your boat anchor, purely for the fact that its pitifully low hp output places no stress on the internal components...........

haha yeah fully and it still managed to crack the head and blow the head gasket! :lol:

Fuel. Gotta send out a big 'lol' for the amount of info you dragged up just to counter my silly remark. Awesome.

to quote another esteemed forum member if that was the state of my engine, my battleship would be sunk!! :lol:

Your battleship=sunk

When my stz got rebuilt, first thing rebuilder said was that he was amazed at state of componentry. First 4G he'd done in awhile and said you'd have to really abuse it ie no oil to fuck them

• 2 months later...