lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this car, most worked on project on the site.

Big call! I guess you mean it's the most consistently worked on car atm - the car with the most action happening to it right now? Cos hell I know there are a few cars here that have a lot more effort/time/money into them.

No disrespect to lofreq anyhoo - car is coming along well. I just want to see the wheels on it :D

im sure he means most consistently worked on. i am making it a point to maintain ongoing work and not let this slide into a pit of inactivity... because i find theres nothing more frustrating than that followng half finished projects.

im not tryin to compete with anyone as far as money and time - i have all respect for ground up rebuilds by others. i can easily blow all my savings on this but thats not the point either... its just a hobby and something i enjoy, plus in this case it has its unique attributes too so i think its as worthy as any other project for a squiz by interested parties - if it makes someone else smile and go 'cool, man' i think im happy with that :) cus thats my own reaction

long ass update on my project thread just posted - wheels fitted to car, and pics. and long story. go read if interested - its not happily ever after but its headed in the right direction i think. :o

oh yeah also - boost is goood ;) shes fun to drive now even tho only on 5psi and exhaust knocking everything - cant wait to eventually get up to 16psi... and then swap to single turbo and management and get into the 200wkw club, ho ho.

anyway. baby steps. :lol:

looking good dude - lack of camber on rear though??? Can you sort that out? zif you run good camber you'll fit the 9's in I'm sure. I thought you were putting little flares on?? The 10s would fit easy then... 3deg of camber you might even get 10s in with guards like that.

But yeah it's different in person I know - bit of a headache eh. Good luck :|

That looks cool as man

The exhuast looks good as, is it legal though? it must get pretty hot

The wheels are looking pretty nice too, the dish looks good when you cant see the centres haha but it should look alot better once you've chromed them etc.

Are 55's the lowest profile they could fit on there, it looks quite high although its hard to say from pictures.

Also, are you going to drive the car with the dished wheels before you put the flares with just rolled gaurds?

ok - camber on rear - the fenders sat on the tops of the tyres before the wheels could tuck in any more, if the wheels actually were allowed to swing up further the camber would come back in - but it got physically restricted by the stupid tyre. im not sure if i can do something to get more camber in but i am gonna try! i want mad camber on the fronts too!

flares yes! still putting them on! havent had time to sort it out with Eugene/86factory. will call him tomoro also see if hes free.

wheels - i have big ideas for them so gimme a month or so.

tyres - in those pics im running 60 profile. im gonna try 55s next, anything less i think would really be impossible. at the moment they DO look very balloon like and high as. i'll go tyre hunting some time for 195/50's for the front (on 8"s), 195/55's for rear (9"s)

not sure if i will drive with the dish wheels before the flares. i dont think i will drive with them till i get the 8's made up, then repaint the whole lot, then new sized tyres on them, THEN i'll try them on. i'll leave the flares unbolted till then cus the work wheels will look retarded on there with big flares on while they sit 'inset' to the flares...

roll guards first then we see how to go :)

I would get the front lip rolled and the rear lip cut then bolt the flares on.

If you cut along the creased edge where the normal flared bodywork starts it will give you about an inch extra depth/height to worth with for camber reasons as well, which going by those pictures may well be enough.

Hopefully the flare will have enough diameter to reach from the door to the back end once cut. Will be a lot easier to have a look etc once you have flares and then decide then what to do.

Persevere with the 10's , they're awesome. :wink:

mint!

i thought you would be cutting the old flare off the guards when fitting the aftermarket flare so you get alot more clearance.

and you should be able to make up some rear arms to turn the camber up... right up so the rims get under there nicely.

massive camber and cut guards/bolt on flares should be able to get the 10's working 8)

new update posted. just also re-read all your comments above. sigh - its getting hard to decide what to do - i agree that, with some camber to the rear, it will pull the top of the wheel in enough to make it work. but how to add camber to that trailing arm setup?!? when it sacks out, it tucks in heaps already... i wouldnt want more than that - i guess i just need to cut the rears as much as possible so i have travel, then the 10's mite self-tuck when allowed to get down as much as possible??

remember in all those pics, thats the car sitting ON the tyre - its got over an inch to go down further and tuck more, if it were allowed to! changing to a 205/55 from a 205/60 will reduce the profile and add stretch angle that will help also... gah so many things to factor in!

anyway i'll get the rest of the car / motor sorted then come back to this, feeling a bit brain fried, plus its late now, plus i start work again in the new year tomorrow (today) so im just frazzled.

I'm still inclined to go with 10's, hopefully they'll work out, but if they only work out to a point where they're a possible hazard then the answer is the 9's.

If it comes to that and you can't use the 10's I wouldn't mind the use of one for testing offsets and sizing on the C110 if you'd be willing to send all the way to little old Invercargill.