lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

no updates on car. still no IC, exhaust hitting driveshaft, rah rah. 2nd week back to work and im getting slammed... no time to do anything.

however been thinking alot about the flare situation. the more i look at the pics with the bolt on flares the more i dislike it. more to the point, the more i like the look of hand folded flares using the body metal rather than bolt ons... IE like this pic.

Dscf03171.jpg

i think it follows the body design more true, looks sexier, and shows a bit more attention to detail rather than a slap on flare that could easily cheapen the whole look... the 9" wont stick out that far so i think it will be perfect.

that said, a rough estimate at the job looks like cutting/sectioning each corner, folding out, rewelding and smoothing/painting. possibly $200 per corner. id pay that for a good job but have to be careful in saving up for it, as im already paying off a large debt from xmas expenditure. anyway thats what im thinking these days.

im gonna get the IC/exhaust/diff work done first tho, and then sort out heavy duty shocks and modified (shortened) front struts, then maybe cert the car, before i progress with flares and new wheels/tyres. so the bodywork part may be put back a month or so. but i'll get going on the mechanicals first and sort that out first i think.

please stand by...

ps: oh yeah, fixed the 'idling at 2500rpm' thiing - well not fixed but worked around - it was my idle control valve seemingly opened full all the time, so i put some plastic over the intake hole and just pricked a small hole in the plastic to limit the air hence reducing idle. dumb move really cus now it almost splutters and runs real rich on low, but oh well. not sure why its jammed open. i'll work on it. anyone know where to buy a manual covering the 1GGTE???

some fuckhead once said my car would look better if the flares were flush with the bodywork and painted white. I promptly kicked him in the nuts and shat in his mouth while he was wailing on the ground. What the hell. Bolt-on's freakin' rule for oldschool Jappa's. I guess that's why gay smooth whatevers will look better on your grandma mobile.

Nah, serious though, go for whatever, smooth would look cool. I'd be taking all that plastic shit off though. Make teh whole car smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

next big dollop of mods will see color change after all bodywork repaired and yes, probably a mild longnose mod :) i think its obligatory! ;)

i'll see how it looks bolted on, and then decide on smoothing later, maybe when repaint time. so yeah - man i dunno why i didnt realise i can just do both instead of choosing a mod! heh

thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...
sure, $200+whatever it cost to repair a hole in a tyre, you pick up, but u better not fuck it up cus its in sweet cond bodywise. motor is rough on start but then runs fine.

but u better not fuck it up.

or maybe i'll keep it. how badly you want it. ?

What's fucking it up? Boso?