Bullitt's 1973 Datsun 160J SSS Hardtop

lowlancer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I will be lowering it but not immediately cause my bank account wouldnt like me for it :lol:

The guy I bought this off a year ago had two of them so this is probably the same car :wink:

Wont be in sth island champs so have no idea when it will be on display up here but will undoubtedly take it to a few meets and am happy for ppl to come around and have a look at it

• 8 months later...

Yeah its got new springs and shocks in it now. They were only put in then I took it to get the engine looked at so I dont have any pics of it yet. Rear tyres are well insdie the guards (even before I put the subbox back in) and front tyres are pretty much at the guard. Its not slammed but Im quite happy with it

• 2 months later...

I have some old interior shots but none since its been completed. I can take some more, its going in for a wof on wed (should fail due to lack of cert) so will take some more photos of that when I get it back.

Interior is pretty stock, its got retractable seatbelts and a Momo Super Indy wooden steering wheel. The factory radio is in the dash still but it dont go, Ive got a modern cd player in the glovebox.

Its pretty much finished now, plans are get it certed, bring it with me to wellington and thatll be it for awhile.

It still needs carpet too, but ive put some mats in it and covered the transmission tunnel in black felt (I had it lying around so used it as a temporary measure) so the only place you can really see the floor is between the outside of the front seats and the door jams. Will get around to that one of these days

• 1 month later...

Looking great in the palmy pics man. Very keen to see this in person. Are you planning on making the OS Nats?

I also see you're planning on keeping it as is for a little while. Obviously you've done a lot of hard work on it, so I can understand that you want to have it on the road for a while, but I'd like to hear what you're planning next. Whether its short term or long. Engine? Dirty FJ :) ??