Bullitt's 1973 Datsun 160J SSS Hardtop

lowlancer

AFAIK (sure Kyteler will correct me :wink: ) Its a Sunny Excellent which is basically a 120Y coupe with different tail lights. JDM only. Never seen one in real life. Comes with factory L14.

The other pic of the red J from the front is taken at the same time so you can see part of the front of it. Heres another one

1701.jpg

1708.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Demonmk2
Yeah Im gonna keep it silver

Ive got no problem with this turning into a picture thread, heres some more (ive got more but these are the ones ive got online already)

011.jpg

is that a old school skyline i see (the silver one with twin lights in the back ground)

i would love a 160j as a daily driver, when the 510 gets to big and scary to drive every day.

i know where a 140j shell lives in this part of the country, dont know body condition but it will probally be rusty as.

what are the major exterior diferences between the 160 and 140j?????

Hey Paul u need to get that puppy ready for the SFOS next year

i would love a 160j as a daily driver, when the 510 gets to big and scary to drive every day.

i know where a 140j shell lives in this part of the country, dont know body condition but it will probally be rusty as.

what are the major exterior diferences between the 160 and 140j?????

Hey Paul u need to get that puppy ready for the SFOS next year

Major difference between a 140J and a 160J is the number of doors :lol:

Though there is a 160J sedan in theory but ive never seen one.

140Js also have different grilles and badges and live rear axles and different instrument clusters and different steering wheels and seats plus the motor stuff.

No problem getting it going for SFOS, wont be finished by then but should be on the road well before that. Hoepfully yours is going again by then too :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Theres one in the car club, 160j with a recond datsun 1600sss motor with twin sideys. Homologated cage rego was on hold. Had autosports but he bought the car without them.

All for $800 and its perfect as.

Edit- its not for sale thats how much he got it for.

Theres one in the car club, 160j with a recond datsun 1600sss motor with twin sideys.

AFAIK 160J motors are the same as 1600SSS motors anyway. 1600 makes 109hp and 160j only makes 105 but think thats only down to flat top sus instead of round tops and maybe some other emissions stuff

• 3 months later...

The interior is totally stock. The previous owner retrimed the seats, Im not sure if its the correct material but its pretty close.

Ive also retrimmed the rear door cards and got a new gearboot made as the old one was totally rotten.

The seats are really comfortable, theyre still not as good as a modern car but well worth hanging on to

• 4 weeks later...