Bullitt's 1973 Datsun 160J SSS Hardtop

lowlancer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given I didnt have any involvement in building it Im not sure exactly.

All I know is bores were taken out 20 thou

He bought a stuffed race engine and used the head off that

Even though the cam I sold it with had only about 1000ks on it he replaced it with a hotter one.

He hasnt had it dynoed but copied the spec of one out of a book (David Visard style book but have no idea who actually wrote it) which was making 160hp atw. Only difference is Damian is still running the twin 40s which I had on it and the one in the book had 45s

Apparently on the 40s it runs out of fuel at the top of the rev range however it runs so sweetly through the rest of it hes reluctant to change them.

i was wondering if there was a thread about this car. I live up the hill from where the new owner works and get to see it every other day. Its a beauty for sure. Looking at the first pictures of it and seeing it in person you did a great job with the body. The wheels are a great fit as well. Ive been and had a chat to him a few times. Nice guy. Hes got a ke prroject aswell. Should intrroduce him to os.