For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Saw this the other day when planning out something with a mate, not sure if still current. MSNZ.

If the boot is sealed off from the cockpit you just have to make sure that its secured appropriately and the positive terminal covered.

If the boot is not sealed and the battery is not dry cell, then it needs to be in a sealed box with a vent outside of the car.

If the battery is dry cell (defined as being able to be mounted in any orientation), then it can go anywhere in the car and just needs to be secured properly with the positive terminal covered.

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only other option is get some tyres that the manufacturer says is ok for that size rim, which probably dont exist

Got told today if you run "commercial" tyres in that size its ok, and apparently certifier in auckland signed off,

Sounded like a yarn but is there any truth in that?

This mounting the battery thing is relevant to my interests atm. Would it be fine to make up an alloy tray to sit in the corner of the boot and mount the battery to that?

The tray would have four 6mm bolts into effectively the side of the boot floor with large washers etc so it can't be easily ripped out. Then the battery is secured to it as per MSNZ/LVVTA spec?

• Sad 1

Hi Clint.

Ive recently bought Ryans AA63 and am looking at getting it a cert.

It was a factory fitted 16v small port 4age, and has been replaced with a standard 20v 4age.

Will i need to add driveshaft hoops for the upgrade? Its not exactly a huge power upgrade and from what i can tell on the LVVTA specs states it needs to be a 50% upgrade in power to warrant the hoops. 

The rest of the driveline is standard, gearbox, driveshaft, diff.

Cheers

Hey finally tracked down a triumph Wagon for a family friendly cruiser. Top of list is an extra 2 seats in cargo area out back as I have 4 kids. What's is the go there regarding seat belts and mounting the seat? Will most likely use a honda odyssey rear seat trimmed to match car. Seat belts should reach rear pillar easy and floor so 3 point belts will work.