Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bomba

63 Corvair - Air Cooled Life - Discussion

52 posts in this topic

Discussion thread for my Corvair... Cheers!

Link to Project Thread

Inspiration:

63-Corvair-03.jpg.da6a08639b94e340af42f20a0127f3a9.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super rad. 

If you slam it on Supremes you will be my new hero. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

Super rad. 

If you slam it on Supremes you will be my new hero. 

Haha, definitely want to slam it but on Cragar's. Just finding 4 spoke Crager's is proving quite hard. Early days though...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward too seeing this slammed, such a cool looking car! Can't get Cheviots or something for it instead?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rad - also get adapters to go to a more conventional 5 stud pattern for American style wheels.

 

s-l1600.jpg.f335c54d10bc0ce0c0512ea8c1572ab2.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought those things were extinct.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are allowed bolt on to 20mm wide. I could be wrong though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be useless to you if you slam it.

But i heard if you run a different tyre pressure in the rear (4-5psi ?)higher it helps the straight line stability of these things.

But if you slam it ive got no idea if that still applies lol.

Im sure high speed isn't the main interest in a low rider haha.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chasinthemirage said:

Looking forward too seeing this slammed, such a cool looking car! Can't get Cheviots or something for it instead?

Me too haha. Yeah I could but there's something about 4 spoke Cragar's. I won't be happy 'til I have some haha

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, k-trips said:

Rad - also get adapters to go to a more conventional 5 stud pattern for American style wheels.

 

s-l1600.jpg.f335c54d10bc0ce0c0512ea8c1572ab2.jpg

Yeah man, that's definitely an option. Where can i find them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 8ball said:

Will be useless to you if you slam it.

But i heard if you run a different tyre pressure in the rear (4-5psi ?)higher it helps the straight line stability of these things.

But if you slam it ive got no idea if that still applies lol.

Im sure high speed isn't the main interest in a low rider haha.

Yeah she'll be a cruiser. Thanks for the heads up on the tyre pressures.

Cheers man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case you haven't seen it already.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or option A  http://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/1422040402/10002/-1

$500 US plus some freight (or get them to put into @chris r's van that is coming from USA to NZ fairly soon)

I know it says golf cart wheel but Cragar list those wheels as 965lb load rating - so unless a Corvair is heavier than 3900lbs with a driver, 3 hookers, a boot load of liquor and a full tank of gas then you're golden.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/wheelsdetails/cragar-series-410c-ss-golf-wheel

 

260-410c.thumb.jpg.db0b7ddaa33480a239e4e2fa79d0288e.jpg

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, k-trips said:

Or option A  http://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/1422040402/10002/-1

$500 US plus some freight (or get them to put into @chris r's van that is coming from USA to NZ fairly soon)

I know it says golf cart wheel but Cragar list those wheels as 965lb load rating - so unless a Corvair is heavier than 3900lbs with a driver, 3 hookers, a boot load of liquor and a full tank of gas then you're golden.

http://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/wheelsdetails/cragar-series-410c-ss-golf-wheel

 

Yeah I have looked at those. It's cutting it close with the car at 3862lbs. Still, I'll keep them in mind. Pretty cool. I'd just have to check if they can do the stub pattern in 4x4.5 or find adapters etc...

Cheers though man

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going off my terrible memory but did @73crownwagon not have something similar to that wheel wise on his Vega?  ..at some point? 

Good project and plans though,  I approve.  You see the pic I put in the lowrider thread? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I walked into alot of spam can someone give me the jist  and I'll comment accordingly 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Just going off my terrible memory but did @73crownwagon not have something similar to that wheel wise on his Vega?  ..at some point? 

Good project and plans though,  I approve.  You see the pic I put in the lowrider thread? 

Cheers man! There's a lowrider thread?! Haha I'll have to find it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 73crownwagon said:

Sorry I walked into alot of spam can someone give me the jist  and I'll comment accordingly 

haha @kyteler mentioned you may have had some 4 spoke Cragar's or similar at some stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

p1.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah right I think I understand. So Vega and monza are 4 by 4 inch pattern and I believe some corvairs as well.  So your pretty screwed for wheels in nz unless you want Morris minor wheels I think??

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0