Seedy Al's Brown Crown

Goat

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was dereg when i bought it in 09. was bought from a chap that had aquired it as a parts car for his, which as far as I have seen is the only other one on the road in NZ. All he took was the rocker cover and alternator so was a deal, This was down in Blehmin

Should give joe a massive props, as he was down those ways around the time I bought it, and he flat towed it from there to picton for me with his truimp tc, so I could roll on roll off it to get it to Wellington. Also from memory huge thanks to Manu? who helped me flat tow it from the ferry to my olds house with his coon wagon.

Then I did a sneeky and aquired some plates off an gs120 wagon..... which was fine for a while, but with the idea that I would have to cert it at some point, I would rather it be all up to spec instead of a dodgy car with a cert.

• Like 1

Casual update, when I dropped the car off they gave me a statutory declaration form to fill out to say legally that I am the current owner

took a whole of 2 mins to fill out and a 1 min trip into the local district court to get it witnessed

Sweet. So is this all that has to be done when you don't have any receipt of change of ownership from the last registered owner?

HAH!

Na its coming along ok, I actually cant get the flywheel off her crank, so dropping it off to cemeck tomorrow to let them have a go at it.

Don't really care about damage to crank or flywheel, but need the gearbox in one piece.

other than that, made an attempt to get pistons in the new engine after work, but they weren't having a bar of it for some reason, going to consult master builder work mate tomorrow and see what he thinks, slash just get him to do it haha.

• Like 1