Kp60nick's D21 kingcab Soon to be Bagged on Cadillac Escalade rims

kp60nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, kp60nick said:

Wipers came up mint. Sometimes I feel I may be building this backwards. 

My brother has just bought the steering wheel for his latest build. It's the first part he's got, doesn't even have the car yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@shizzl I cant seem to find the one I previously used at the start of this year.  But just did some digging and busted knuckles 4x4 has a free download of the v4 4 link calculator. Seems like there is more options for more inputs. 

https://bustedknuckleoffroad.com/products/4-link-calculator

It me a while to work out how to use the calculator. 

I didn't realize they did link kits. Will have to check them out.  (Edit) i looked at kruzin kustoms kits any idea how long they are? Cut end and re thread?

Thanks

Edited by kp60nick
Reviewed website mentioned above

Kruzins kits are made by them.

they were importing from the states but didn’t like the welds with cert etc.

they should be plenty long enough being designed for American stuff.

there’s also the palmside kits too, designed for rally use, so long range of motion.

my thoughts were always to set the diff to ride height with correct pinion angle, the set the diff linkage bushes vertical and the bars parallel to the ground.

but I’m no scientist 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nominal said:

It's really easy to make your own 4-bars. I did for the Mercury and they passed cert and haven't broken yet.

I also just put the bars where they fit. Calculators? pfft, unless you are going racing or something.

You must have fluked it, or have limited travel? Generally just winging it and attaching the pickup points anywhere leads to excessive pinion angle change and dshaft plunge which is never ideal come cert time. 

1 hour ago, shizzl said:

my thoughts were always to set the diff to ride height with correct pinion angle, the set the diff linkage bushes vertical and the bars parallel to the ground.

but I’m no scientist 

Parallel upper & lower bars give an infinite instant centre which isn't ideal. It gives pretty much no anti-squat% so not alot of added load on rear wheels under acceleration other than the unsprung weights. This can lead to axle tramping when breaking traction, and poor traction when accelrating out of corners amongst other issues. Vertical separation on axle pickup points should be greater to give a known i/c forward of axle. An i/c around the front bumper is usually considered pretty good for street cars as it gives enough traction for the general use, but not so much that its going to hook up like a drag car. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...