Nathan's motorcycles.....

flyingbrick

Okay.. last post about these rear sets. Finally all installed with torqued and loctited Ti hardware (cheaper to buy it in silver and just dip them yourself and it's only a few seconds, plus the color matches)

The left side with Ti hoop was a BASTARD to color because the act of heating the Ti to do the riveting creates a layer of oxide that must first be removed. It's a patchy gold/red/purple now which doesn't match the other side, but for now it will do. (Occured to me this morning that I might need to visit @Kimjon for a Hoon on his sand blaster then immediately anodise to fix the problem)

Extremely happy with how it's all come out ☺️

IMG20220807194432_copy_723x1600.jpg

IMG20220807194440_copy_723x1600.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yup, an ESF, confusingly Suzuki had another model called the ES that was a different style.
I've had a few EF/ESF/ESE/EFE/EFF/EFG over the years, in fact I have one in my garage that I have just sold as it was a bit more of a project than I wanted right now.
End thread hijack :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I think I included pics and maybe info on the Racebox Mini unit that I purchased on indigogo a few months ago. I have only just started using it.

Great piece of kit, you can use it for recording any speed and distance measurements that you'd like.

I have been practicing 0-100 and 60ft - Both are relatively embarrassing but it is super bloody fun stopping in the middle of a rural road (while on the way to work) and thrashing it off the line. 

I was initially measuring 0-100 only and was doing the bulk of it with the front off the ground for a best time of 3.6 seconds (no rollout correction). Recording 60 ft time showed that I'm simply not getting the clutch out and to full throttle fast enough so that has to be the focus now.

Hopefully in the future I'll be confident enough to maybe run some 13's with @Roman at an OS drag day! :-)

• Like 3

13s would be a piece of cake! 
Even with a soggy launch can just brute force it with some mid track onwards power haha.
If you're doing a 3.6 0-100 then you'd be well into 11s or 12s at the drags already, surely. 

Bring it to this coming OS drags! You've got 3 weeks to practice :D
And you can get heaps of runs in without any pressure etc.
Dont worry about going slower than expected, honestly I'd be scared just to hop on that bike.
The first time you go, you'll wonder why you didnt sooner. So much fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Holy shit! hahaha.

Unreal

Yeah. I actually just read through the comments to find specs. It's not actually stock, has a similar amount done to mine. Light weight wheel, alloy subframe, exhaust etc.. but also lowered. 

However stock for these usually just means unopened motor and no gas or turbo (etc)

I have been offered a lowering strap for mine- I think it's basically a ratchet strap that pulls the front down and removes all of your droop. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy as I had been wanting a one piece top yoke to replace the HEAVY factory two piece rubber bushed unit for six months. I found one of these (no longer made) on ebay but the guy wouldn't post to NZ and the asking cost plus the estimated youshop cost was huge. 

I asked again over the weekend and came to a very good arrangement, so it's now on the way to me.

This will save over 1kg (could be closer to 1.5kg) and is probably the nicest looking option that has ever been available for the bike. 

I'll throw some titanium bolts in there from Ali express too.

Screenshot_2022-12-18-17-34-30-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 7