Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

Gasworks is expensive for what it is.

IMO Parrot and Jigger works grouse if we have the full length table again - except parking.

But once again when we left at 9ish the carpark was fairly empty so perhaps we meet a little later but then it is getting quite late for eating - hmmmm quandry.

The Countdown in Newtown now has a Burger Fuel attached to it and I reckon with the right greasing up we could probably negotiate the right to stand around in the car park.

After all Burger Fuel's are well known for Hot Rod clubs and the like congregating at them for monthly eats. Pretty sure they would have no problems saying the right words to the mall owner on the behalf of most car-clubs.

Wholly Pizza is ideal for decent food and parking but you would think they don't want us there when they start packing up around us while we are still eating. Tough call to make on that.

All in all the best carparks for maximum get-togetherness are supermarket carparks. But you need to find a friendly food vendor who can sway the carpark owner to allowing us to meet and congregate. However in Winter months is that all that important? It's logical that most people just want to get inside, fed and warm.

Perhaps save the congregate around cars and talk heaps of shit for the summer months and the just get inside and feed a warm meal for the winter months?

Open for plenty of other ideas though.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said ol chap. I agree especially with winter months not so much being about the park-up. It opens the door to a lot more options, hence seeing what others places people have in mind. (Im just a lowly immigrant to this city so don't know all the good spots).

Will see what else comes out of the woodwork. Please keep spam to a minimum you guys

Also even if we don't congregate around the cars then I would still like to see people bring their OS car out.

As our meets are a reason to get your car out at least once a month just as much as it's a reason to get face to face time.

Ah! There is a Burger Wisconsin, I saw it the other day and tried to file it in the "remember that for OS meet" file but obviously it went astray. Bonus points for you. Car park looks decent as well, and mostly buisness so might well be not busy come evening.

Also even if we don't congregate around the cars then I would still like to see people bring their OS car out.

As our meets are a reason to get your car out at least once a month just as much as it's a reason to get face to face time.

+1

i really shouldn't be writing because i don't attend many of these..

so - driving north on Mana eslpanade, go over the bridge, first carpark on your left. is there and eat/drinkery there that can be used? is the car park suitable?

Ah! There is a Burger Wisconsin, I saw it the other day and tried to file it in the "remember that for OS meet" file but obviously it went astray. Bonus points for you. Car park looks decent as well, and mostly buisness so might well be not busy come evening.

Here? Looks bloody neat for Summer meets. Also Niki can push her Austin that far from home. :D

https://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=Mana+Esplanade,+Porirua,+Wellington&hl=en&ll=-41.10124,174.87001&spn=0.00344,0.008256&sll=-41.039666,175.442452&sspn=1.762954,4.22699&oq=mana+esplana&t=h&hnear=Mana+Esplanade,+Mana,+Porirua+5026,+Wellington&z=18&layer=c&cbll=-41.10124,174.87001&panoid=z-5ZsB7Vw1JMlZTyS-Y92Q&cbp=12,300.46,,0,-2.69

Name and shame Shaz, if enough of them are people that come to the meet then Il consider it but otherwise Im pretty keen to try it out/spam is for desktop warriors to make up for their small penis's. Looks like a fucking sweet spot.

Probably not next month though as I doubt they can handle 15-20 odd people inside.

Probably not next month though as I doubt they can handle 15-20 odd people inside.

Good point.  Burger Wisconsin isn't really an eat in place.  They normally only have a handful of stools next to a bar and a waiting area for takeaways.

• Like 1

My work is on one if those white roofed buildings.

/I don't like burger wisconsin. And that Kebab shop has one of the seediest Turkish men you'll ever meet.

He'll call Shaz Princess and Beaver Stud

Just throwing it out thur, Mr India in Lower hutt/High st is THE SHIT as far as curry goes, good prices, beer, can sort big tables and at night time the entire street is quiet and we could line up the cars down the street + Mr india has about 10 parks for cars over 100mm of the ground/dont care about dented sumps etc.

• Like 1