Te Urewera Undertaking, 2019 Nov 29th, 30th, Dec 1st.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/05/2019 at 22:45, johnnyfive said:

Entry form now available, please ensure you have accommodation secured at Waikaremoana before completing form, as this will be the limiting factor for numbers. 

https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/kKaeTa3NqzgRli1b

Thats right, far overdue is an entry form. Please could everyone that is 100% committed fill in one of these, need to get a grasp on numbers. Don't fill one in if you don't have accommodation figure out, cause I don't believe there is much left on night 1.

Also, not mad or anything, discussion is cool, just for those trying to find info in here

On 18/05/2019 at 22:45, johnnyfive said:

There'll be a lot to discuss, but if you could keep the complete spam to a minimum for those looking for info.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Regarding the first nights accommodation. Even though most of the cabins are full I believe they have non powered camping sites for those who miss out. 

Give them a call and confirm; but after glancing at the map of the place it seems to be the case. Obviously don't wanna stack the support vehicle with just tents, but yeah. It's an option. 

• Like 2

Also Waikanae Beach Motel in Gizzy is rather full. They have one 2 bed apartment free I think but it's a bit more $$ than your average hostel. 

There are a few other places around that area. If anyone is unsure about where to stay sing out; I don't know what else is good but I'm sure we can figure something. 

Theres not a whole lot at all. I think it'll be a quiet night

https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/east-coast/places/te-urewera/things-to-do/campsites/waikaremoana-holiday-park/

• Kitchen and dining room
  • Laundry
  • General store with groceries, hardware, fishing supplies, fishing licences, ice
  • Petrol and diesel
  • Dump stations
  • Public pay phone
  • Water taxi pick-up / drop-off point
  • Jetties
  • Linen, cooking equipment and BBQ for hire
  • Books and board games for loan at no charge

56 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Have to stuff a bottle in the old back pack. I'd rather be dusty on day two than be riding the Motu on 6 and a half cylinders.  Camel back full of jack perhaps?

I've bought a couple of small bottles of CC recently... They're about the size of a large hip flask and are made of plastic. I'm going to have a few and fill them with my poison of choice before the ride. Having a 40oz in my backpack was hard work last year!

• Like 2